FedEx apologises on behalf of employee who threw monitor over a fenceDecember 23rd, 2011 - 9:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A FedEx delivery guy has lost his job after he decided to throw a monitor over a fence. Unfortunately for the unidentified worker, his action was caught on camera and the owner decided to put it on YouTube.
Since the video was uploaded, several millions of people have viewed it and it has also been shown on a major news network in the United States. This has forced FedEx to issue an apology for the issue. The company said they have since replaced the monitor to the customer explaining that the worker has been fired for what he did.
Senior VP, FedEx Express U.S. Operations. Matthew Thornton III signed the apology which was published on the official website of the company. The statement read, “As the leader of our pickup and delivery operations across America, I want you to know that I was upset, embarrassed, and very sorry for our customer’s poor experience.”
The dissatisfied customer who uploaded the video did not want to be identified in the video. FedEx has since contacted him and replaced the monitor which was destroyed after the deliveryman threw it.
The video shocked many people when it was first uploaded on YouTube.
- YouTube Unveils Face Blurring System - Jul 19, 2012
- Pizza chef Carmelo Raccuglia's video goes viral - Jan 25, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Holding Hands With Strangers' Prank Becomes Internet Hit - Jun 14, 2012
- Voice behind "The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger" video identified - Jan 26, 2012
- J&K; wants anti-Islam video blocked - Sep 14, 2012
- UK Teacher quits school to become a rapper - Feb 23, 2012
- YouTube increases video upload limit to 15 minutes - Aug 01, 2010
- YouTube pays 100,000 pounds for British family's video - Nov 14, 2011
- YouTube to 'improve search techniques on site' - Nov 11, 2010
- Free Shipping Day Garners Shop Hoppers Attention - Dec 17, 2010
- Cuba raps Facebook, YouTube - Jan 16, 2011
- YouTube to show British royal wedding live - Apr 20, 2011
- Why was Guwahati molestation video put on YouTube, ask netizens - Jul 13, 2012
- PMO now on Youtube - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: apologises, apology, delivery guy, delivery operations, deliveryman, dissatisfied customer, fedex, fedex delivery, fence, job, major news, matthew thornton, new york dec, news network, poor experience, united states, vp, youtube