Farmer Ian Rook Killed By Charging BullNovember 28th, 2010 - 10:11 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Nov 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The National Farmers Union has declared that a farmer named Ian Rook got killed yesterday by a bull. According to sources, the bull was his own animal. The unfortunate incident occurred after the bull had reportedly got frightened while the farmer tried to shift the animal from one herd to another.
Reportedly, the bull had got startled as it was being shifted to a particular herd on the farm. During the incident, the animal got perplexed and enraged and hit Ian Rook driving its horns in the poor man’s body. Ian rook was heavily injured and a passerby who had noticed the incident rushed to a nearby farm house to summon help. By the time they had managed to gather some help and return to the spot of the accident, Ian Rook had died owing to the injuries.
William White, South-East regional director for the National Farmers Union, said that he knew the farmer was a good old man and also possessed experience when it came to handling the animals. According to sources, National Farmers Union employees are extremely depressed about the unfortunate incident. William White declared that the animal had been spooked. According to sources, Mr. Ian Rook is survived by his wife and two sons. People who knew the farmer said that the man was popular in his circle and liked by all for his behavior. William White said that he had come to know Ian Rook after he started working for the treasurer and county chairman for the National Farmers Union. No doubt, this incident has come as a warning for all those who deal with livestocks.
- Farmer Ian Rook killed by a charging bull - Nov 28, 2010
- Cow herd tramples elderly woman to death - Sep 02, 2011
- Fire squad pulls racehorse from a swimming pool - Jul 20, 2011
- Man tries to board train in Wimbledon with his sheep - Aug 01, 2012
- Pawar slap: Anna admits reaction violent, justifies attack - Dec 06, 2011
- Huge crowds at running of bulls in Spanish city - Jul 11, 2011
- British scientists to study how cows make friends! - Jul 30, 2012
- Little boy saves father's life after bull attack - Jun 09, 2011
- Hearst zebras killed by angry neighbors - Jan 13, 2011
- Man found murdered in Delhi - May 25, 2012
- Two orphaned rhinos from Kaziranga to be released in Manas - Mar 10, 2012
- Schmallenberg virus manages to kill thousands of lambs in UK - Feb 27, 2012
- Facing flak over price-rise remark, Beni now bats for retail FDI (Second Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Mysore's rogue tuskers whisked away to Bandipur forest - Jun 09, 2011
- Takeshi Shudo The Creater Of Pokemon Dies - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: animals, charging bull, county chairman, dey, herd, horns, madhuri, mr ian, national farmers union, nearby farm, no doubt, old man, passerby, poor man, regional director, rook, unfortunate incident