False Flag Cyber Attack In The US Threatens Internet UseJuly 22nd, 2010 - 7:36 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
July 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The US may limit access to such information which has been termed “critical” by various government agencies functioning within the borders of the United States. According to reports obtained from Pentagon and other agencies, the country may soon be the victim of a cyber attack if the new policy is not put into effect. Although the bill has just been tabled and will take a long time to be passed, the new “cyber security emergency” may give the US President and the Pentagon the power to limit internet use in the country.
It is being said that the new step has been adopted keeping in mind the recent threats that the United States has been receiving, threats that may put its internal security in jeopardy. Most government agencies are of the opinion that if the United States is attacked online, it will affect the functioning of many spheres of the American economy, from sectors like banking and power grids to rail networks and even water sources will be put to harm if there is a cyber attack as they have predicted. This means that the secret information of the United States will lie bare in front of other nations. So keeping in mind the defence of the country, “cyber security emergency” should be adopted.
However the new policy does not go undisputed. While the Pentagon may be advocating for the establishment of the new bill, experts such as Evgency Morozov, a researcher in the field of internet threats and political events says that Pentagon’s reaction is “exaggerated” and that the new policy is a means to garner attention.
- India creating architecture to ensure cyber security: NSA - May 16, 2012
- 'Link cyber terrorism to India's overall counter-terror capabilities' - May 16, 2012
- US pushes bill for 'Internet Kill Switch' - Feb 01, 2011
- India, US sign accord to secure their cyber spaces (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Internet "Kill Switch" Approved By Senate, One Step Closer To Government Internet Control - Jun 28, 2010
- U.S. Lawmakers To Debate Internet 'Kill Switch' Bill - Feb 01, 2011
- Rising phishing cases open career prospects for ethical hackers - Jul 24, 2011
- South Africa's new policy to combat cyber crime - Mar 13, 2012
- India, US ink accord on cyber security - Jul 19, 2011
- Cyber warfare: Indian Army boosts its defences - Jul 18, 2010
- Obama's "Internet 'kill switch' bill" moves forward - Jun 26, 2010
- Cyber threats forecast for 2011 released - Oct 08, 2010
- Israeli military admits to cyber-warfare - Jun 04, 2012
- India fears cyber attack by Pakistani hackers - Aug 26, 2010
- Russian parliament approves internet blacklist bill - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: american economy, borders, cyber attack, cyber security, false flag, gina gomez, government agencies, internal security, internet threats, internet use, jeopardy, morozov, pentagon, power grids, rail networks, researcher, secret information, security emergency, spheres, water sources