Facebook Prank Leads To SuspensionFebruary 10th, 2011 - 9:23 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Feb 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Four girls of the Stillwater girls hockey team had no clue of the serious consequences they would suffer from when they had targeted an opponent over the Internet. On Wednesday an official of the Stillwater school district said that four girls have been suspended for one game for a nasty prank which involved posting the picture of a teddy bear wearing a No. 34 jersey hanging from the noose on Facebook. The Stillwater school has condemned the act saying that it is a ’stupid prank’ and revealed the poor taste of the players.
According to sources, the girls did this before the February 1 game where the Stillwater team was pitted against the White Bears Lake Bears. From the act it was clear that they had set their aim on White Bears Lake Bears senior forward Crysta Lowell, who sports a No. 34 jersey. The picture of the hanging teddy bear bore a caption saying “Another successful bear hunt”, something which made every thing conspicuous. Rickey Michel, Stillwater activities director said that the four girls had intended to add some assert the rivalry in this disgraceful manner, which is why, the school punished them with a one game suspension. The official however, has refused to name the four players.
Crysta Lowell suffered a knee injury as a result of a collision in the game. Her coach however said that it was just an accident. She saw the image two days after the match. Her mother Lori Lowell, however, said that a one game suspension was not enough to teach an appropriate lesson to the girls for the cheap act they had committed.
- Oklahoma Plane Crash Victims Remembered - Jan 27, 2011
- 300,000 teddy bears recalled in US - Dec 29, 2011
- Justin Bieber 'pint-sized doll' to go on sale this holiday season - Sep 30, 2010
- Texas Mom Lori Darling David Jailed For Sending Nude Photos Of Herself To Son's Friend - Nov 13, 2010
- Veteran Actor Harold Gould Dies at Age 86 - Sep 14, 2010
- Jennifer Lopez gets surprise birthday party - Jul 26, 2012
- Lively smuggles food items - Aug 31, 2012
- Houston's mother, daughter lead mourners - Feb 18, 2012
- Cricket uniting blacks, whites in Zimbabwe - Jun 26, 2012
- Over a third of Brit adults still take their teddy to bed - Aug 16, 2010
- Police arrest 16 in gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Cleveland, Texas - Mar 09, 2011
- Best Buy Sales Continue To Crowd Stores On The Eve Of Teddy Day - Feb 10, 2011
- Delirious Kolkata welcomes cheerful Messi - Sep 01, 2011
- New Jersey's Fish and Game Council Says 'Yes' to Black Bear Hunt - Mar 10, 2010
- Brit student expelled over 'dangly bits in teacher's mug' prank - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: activities director, bear hunt, bears, clue, dey, four girls, game suspension, hockey team, knee injury, lori, madhuri, match, noose, opponent, poor taste, rickey, rivalry, stillwater school, stupid prank, teddy bear