Facebook helps to nab a Philippines murder suspectJuly 28th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Manila, July 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Philippines police have captured a murder suspect who is believed to have murdered nine people.
Mark Dizon, 28 years old and is a computer technician. He is believed to have gained the trust of his victims on the social networking site Facebook before robbing and murdering them.
The Philippines police arrested Dizon with the help of Facebook. Though Dizon deleted his Facebook account when he realized the police were investigating him, the social networking site furnished the Philippine police with his details and that led to his arrest on Tuesday. Police say Dizon did not resist the arrest. He was talking to his father at a San Fernando city public square when he was arrested.
His victims, six Filipinos, one American, one Canadian and one British were murdered in their homes and hotel rooms in July.
Police say the suspect is a gun fanatic and his addiction to computers gave him away. One of his victim’s daughters gave the suspect’s picture to the police and that helped the police to identify him.
Police say Dizon shot all his victims. Most of his victims were over 40 and he entered their homes and hotel rooms because he convinced them that he was a computer technician. According to reports by hindustantimes.com, “The good-looking Dizon allegedly befriended the victims first to gain their trust, so they allowed him to go into their homes freely on the pretense of fixing their computers.”
- Facebook helps crack Philippines murder case - Jul 28, 2010
- Roebuck ruined my life, says victim - Nov 17, 2011
- Facebook paedophile poses as new classmate to groom UK schoolkids - Dec 31, 2010
- Joran van der Sloot sues his lawyer - Jul 06, 2010
- Man plants spyware on computers to photograph nude women - Jun 09, 2011
- Rhode Island Prison Guard Matthew Lacroix Arrested For Pretending To Be His Boss On Facebook - Dec 18, 2010
- Mayor shot at in the Philippines - Feb 05, 2012
- Black Eyed Peas' Taboo becomes a father again - Apr 28, 2011
- Sex with Facebook friend adds new twist to Roebuck's death - Nov 14, 2011
- Murdered vice mayor captures killer in photo in Philippines - Jan 05, 2011
- Police being taught to use Facebook to track killers - Oct 29, 2010
- Argentine kidnaps girl he met on Facebook - Nov 15, 2010
- Fake users hit the value of Facebook likes - Jul 13, 2012
- Facebook blackmailers target 100 gay priests in Italy - Aug 19, 2011
- Pakistani kills ex-girlfriend with hammer - Jun 07, 2012