Exmoor Emperor May Still Be Alive!October 28th, 2010 - 9:02 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was reported last week that Britain’s largest wild animal, a red stag nicknamed the ‘Exmoor Emperor’ had been gunned down two weeks ago by sport hunters. Since the killing was not illegal, no action was being taken, but animal activists and wildlife experts were furious, and insisting on laws to protect these magnificent animals during their mating season.
Now the mystery surrounding the death of the beast has reached even larger proportions with claims being made that he is still alive. Since his reported demise, there have been several sightings of the beloved ‘Exmoor Emperor’, with a local farmer claiming he was seen in a garden just last week.
None of the sightings have been verified, but no one has come forward with any evidence of the kill. Some residents are now making claims that the story of the Exmoor Emperor’s death were greatly exaggerated, in an effort to protect him from trophy hunters. Most of the locals are fiercely protective of the older animal, and even the local stag hunters have respect for the beast, and would be very unhappy to see him end up on someone’s wall.
- Britain's Largest Animal, The Exmoor Emperor Gunned Down for Sport - Oct 26, 2010
- After reports of sightings, is the Exmoor Emperor still alive? - Oct 28, 2010
- Britain's Giant red Exmoor Emperor shot dead - Oct 25, 2010
- 'Big cats roaming British countryside' - Dec 29, 2011
- Italian tourists rescued after calling Boots branch - Jun 15, 2012
- Peacock threatened by drought, starvation in Maharashtra reserve (With Images) - Jun 06, 2012
- Movie Preview: Ashoka The Hero - Jan 06, 2011
- 'Blood-sucking beast' attacking animals worldwide - Jul 29, 2011
- Wounded fox shoots hunter in leg - Jan 14, 2011
- Tigers now thriving in Sathyamangalam forest once used by Veerappan - Oct 04, 2010
- Attacked by dog, man jumps off 60 feet bridge - Aug 12, 2012
- DJ Tiesto Sends Tweet "From Beyond The Grave" to Disprove Hoax - Jul 08, 2010
- Bigfoot Killed My Dog: Claims Tim Peeler Of North Carolina - Jun 19, 2010
- North Carolina Man Claims To Have Come Across Bigfoot - Jun 19, 2010
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012