Ex-Nazi Hitman Convicted In His Old AgeMarch 27th, 2010 - 6:58 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Mar 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Heinrich Boere, a former Nazi killer got life imprisonment at 88 after evading the hands of law over the past 6 decades. He committed the murder of 3 Dutch people and tried to use law to his advantage all these years. A German Court sentenced him to life imprisonment recently. He did not show much remorse when the judge read out the sentence in the court. In fact, he used to crack jokes on the murders while the trial was on. Outside court, he also admitted killing those people. When he was asked during the trial how he could kill those civilians, he replied without any trace of guilt that he did not find it difficult. He even laughed when he gave this answer.
The man went on evading the law and lived in Germany for decades where he worked as a coal miner. He even drew pension and lived in a nursing home in Germany. He was born to Dutch and German parents in Germany. Heinrich Boere became a part of the Waffen-SS after the Germans invaded Netherlands. He was clever enough to assume that his part German parentage as well as SS membership would fetch him German citizenship. This actually helped him to stay out of legal punishment for so many years. Since he had the citizenship of Germany, German law could not extradite him in the country.
He killed a bicycle shop owner in the presence of his son. A lengthy diplomatic war ensued between Germany and Netherlands over his extradition. He has not yet given up on the case and is planning to make another appeal.
- Life jail for ex-SS assassin for 1944 Dutch murders - Mar 23, 2010
- Israel asks Germany to act against fugitive Nazi criminal - Aug 26, 2010
- Most wanted Nazi fugitive hiding in Germany - Jul 06, 2010
- Five jailed by Hague court for helping LTTE - Oct 22, 2011
- 'Nazi princess' daughter of SS head still the heroine of shadowy Nazi group - Dec 02, 2010
- Four jailed for killing lesbian in South Africa - Feb 02, 2012
- Relief for Abu Salem as apex court stays trial in 1993 blasts (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Adopted son sentenced to death for murdering parents, wife - Sep 04, 2012
- Sikhs protest at Indian embassy in Berlin to save Bhullar - Jun 20, 2011
- Portugal Supreme Court cancels Salem's extradition, CBI unfazed (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Brazilian footballer gets Dutch passport - Nov 03, 2011
- Dutch government threatens to boycott Euro 2012 - May 02, 2012
- Delhi staged shootout: Rs.15 lakh each for two victims' kin - Jul 04, 2011
- Apex court wants details of Abu Salem case proceedings - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: bicycle shop, civilians, coal miner, diplomatic war, extradition, german citizenship, german court, german law, german parentage, german parents, germans, heinrich, legal punishment, life imprisonment, murders, nazi killer, nursing home, ranjan, remorse, waffen ss