Erin Andrews’ stalker sentenced to 30 months in jailMarch 16th, 2010 - 9:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Mar 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Erin Andrews’ stalker was sentenced on Monday to 30 months behind bars for stalking. Stalker Michael Barrett pleaded guilty to stalking the ESPN reporter for one and a half years, and making naked videos of her, on his cell phone. He was sentenced by a judge in Los Angeles, and also asked to pay Eric Andrews $7366 in restitution. At the court hearing, Erin Andrews said that she suffers from anxiety, depression and public humiliation, as a result of seeing her nude videos on the Internet. “I’m being victimized every day…and I did nothing to deserve it,” Andrews said.
The television sports reporter Erin Andrews used to travel to different cities to cover the sports events, and Michael Barrett used to stalk her. He also used to remove the peepholes from the doors of the hotels, where she used to stay, so that he could shoot nude videos of the reporter. He confessed to removing the peepholes from at least 3 different hotels, in order to make the nude videos.
After shooting the videos, he tried to sell them to a celebrity website, but they were not interested, so the posted 10 such videos on the Internet, and also revealed the identity of the nude reporter.
- DWTS Update: Erin Andrews to continue on the show despite death threats - Apr 06, 2010
- Michael David Barrett Put Behind Bars For 30 Months - Mar 16, 2010
- ESPN seeking $300K as compensation from Erin Andrews stalker - May 12, 2010
- The Stalker Of Erin Andrews Confesses His Crime - Dec 11, 2009
- Erin Andrews' Peephole Video Still A Rage? - May 18, 2010
- Erin Andrews' stalker 'virtually penniless': Report - Jun 04, 2010
- Erin Andrews Calls For Tougher Anti-Stalking Laws - Jul 28, 2010
- ESPN Reporter Erin Andrews Says She Is Still Jittery - Dec 17, 2009
- Erin Andrews To Continue With "Dancing With The Stars" Despite Death Threats - Apr 04, 2010
- Erin Andrews Peephole Video Leaked Again On Internet - Oct 23, 2010
- Erin Andrews' Peephole Video Resurfaces - Oct 25, 2010
- Erin Andrews Files Lawsuit Against Hotels And Peephole Stalker - Jul 16, 2010
- Erin Andrews stalker Michael David Barrett might get bail - Oct 05, 2009
- Erin Andrews Peephole Video Suspect Produced In Court - Oct 04, 2009
- Erin Andrews' Contract Might End With ESPN - Jun 26, 2010
Tags: anxiety, celebrity website, cell phone, court hearing, depression, doors, erin andrews, espn, half years, hotels, michael barrett, peepholes, public humiliation, restitution, sports events, sports reporter, television sports