Erik Prince Murder Charge: In Troubled ‘Blackwater’s?August 5th, 2009 - 9:12 pm ICT by GD
The CEO and founder of Blackwater, Erik Prince, who happens to be a native of Holland, has found himself faced with the a lawsuit in a federal court, which implicates him of charges of murder and obstruction of justice, among others listed breaches of law.
A sworn statement that was filed on August 3rd in a federal court in Virginia, bases it’s charges primarily on the allegations of two men, both former Blackwater employees, one of them an ex-U.S marine who functioned as a security operative for the corporation.
The unnamed testimony providers, whose names have been withheld to ensure their own security, alleged that Prince and his agents have been instrumental in one or more murders in the course of trying to prevent sources who tried to provide information to the federal authorities about the corporation’s unlawful, and even criminal, conduct while holding security contracts in Iraq.
According to the allegations, Prince supposedly considered himself a “Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and Islamic faith from the globe”. The accusations leveled against Blackwater, portray the organization as one that “encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life”.
The statements further allege the involvement of Prince in “illegal” and “unlawful” weapons being smuggled into Iraq, especially on his private plane. Prince and his agents have also been accused of obstructing the course of a federal investigation by destroying incriminating evidence in the form of emails, videotapes and documents, an intentionally misleading the U.S State Department and other federal agencies through means of deception.
- Is Blackwater's Erik Prince moving to UAE? - Jun 17, 2010
- Erik Prince Rumored To Be Moving To Dubai - Jun 17, 2010
- Erik Prince Plans To Move To UAE - Jun 17, 2010
- US judge dismisses Blackwater case; Iraqis upset - Jan 02, 2010
- Blackwater directly participated in secret CIA raids in Iraq, Afghanistan - Dec 11, 2009
- Secret tape of Blackwater Empire owner - Erik Prince surfaces - May 05, 2010
- Malaysian mock tribunal finds Bush, Blair guilty of 'crimes against peace' - Nov 24, 2011
- CIA asked Blackwater to kill A Q Khan, claims agency's founder - Dec 12, 2009
- Blackwater accused of charging US government for payments to prostitute - Feb 12, 2010
- Blackwater created shell firms to win contracts, says NYT - Sep 04, 2010
- Blackwater's staff indicted for weapon law violation - Apr 18, 2010
- Davis was providing security for a CIA team-tracking militants: Report - Feb 22, 2011
- CIA terminates contract with controversial security firm Blackwater : Report - Dec 12, 2009
- Chinese national charged in US Army recruiting scam - Apr 13, 2011
- Edgard Anziani accused of murdering 15-month-old baby arrested in Maryland - Mar 02, 2010
Tags: accusations, allegations, blackwater, breaches, crusader, erik prince, federal authorities, federal investigation, incriminating evidence, iraqi life, islamic faith, murder charge, murders, obstruction of justice, own security, private plane, security contracts, state department, sworn statement, videotapes