Erik Menendez’s Wife On A&EMarch 30th, 2010 - 8:04 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
New York, Mar 30, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It’s hard when you have a husband labeled as a murderer and serving behind the bars for a lifetime. That is exactly the story of Tammi Menendez-Saccoman, whose husband Erik Menendez was sentenced to lifelong imprisonment along with his brother, following the murder of their parents in the year 1989. A&E broadcast a documentary “Mrs. Menendez” at the 11 pm show on Monday, where the infamous murder and trial of the two brothers was recalled. It also offered a glimpse into Tammi Saccoman’s life which has been in controversy for many years owing to the fact that her husband had been found guilty of manslaughter in the first degree murder.
The program was an attempt to bring out the very best of Tammi Saccoman’s life which did throw light on some of the never seen or heard before factoids of her life and her husband. The program also had a lingering note which underlined strongly as Tammi Saccoman thinks how she shall be able to continue living knowing that her husband has killed his own parents and is a life timer back in the prison. The agony and the grief of being a murder’s wife was depicted through smart narration and intriguing story telling.
Court TV had broadcast the trial of the two brothers Erik & Lyle Menendez who shot their own parents Jose and Kitty Menendez to death in their house at the Beverly Hills. Leslie Abramson fought as the defense attorney from the brother’s side and claimed that these murders were evident reactions to the sexual & psychological abuse inflicted upon them. The jury sided with the idea of a lifelong imprisonment rather than a death sentence that was decided upon by the judge.
- Two former Presidents on trial over baby theft case in Argentina - Mar 01, 2011
- Author And Vanity Fair Correspondent Dominick Dunne Dies At 83 - Aug 27, 2009
- Rape-murder accused's acquittal reversed; gets life term - Feb 13, 2012
- Manson family follower - Leslie Van Houten going to face the parole board for the 19th time - Jul 06, 2010
- Apex court upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan - Jul 10, 2012
- Apex court allows Chisty to visit Pakistan (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Court upholds life term for man who raped, killed daughter - Oct 23, 2011
- Dunne 'persecuted' Skakel for own aggrandizement - Aug 27, 2009
- Indian gets 39-year jail for slaying Nepali schoolgirl - Nov 20, 2010
- 95-year-old woman gets life term for killing daughter-in-law - Oct 18, 2011
- Court begins hearing pleas in Haren Pandya murder case - Jul 11, 2011
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Chinese mother jailed for drowning twins - Jun 29, 2011
- Rights groups slam Iranian TV over 'death by stoning' woman's fake confession at home - Dec 11, 2010
- Parents of American student Amanda Knox indicted for libeling police in Italy - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: agony, court tv, death sentence, defense attorney, erik menendez, factoids, first degree murder, imprisonment, infamous murder, intriguing story, leslie abramson, lyle menendez, manslaughter, murderer, murders, narration, psychological abuse, ranjan, tammi saccoman, two brothers