Eric Smith: The child killerJune 14th, 2009 - 9:01 pm ICT by GD
On June 2008, Eric Smith was denied a parole by the State Parole Board. The board had unanimously released their decision on the convicted child killer Smith on Thursday, June 12 2008. The decision has put Smith safely behind the bars of the State Prison for another 2 years, till he is eligible for parole again in May 2010.
Eric smith has been denied parole 4 times since 2002. He is serving a term of a minimum of 9 years to maximum of life for conviction on second degree murder charges. Recently, in March 2009, he was denied parole once more by the parole board. Till February 25, 2009, Smith was know to be in the Clinton Correctional Facility where he has been since 2001.
Eric Smith was convicted for the murder of 4 year old Derrick Robie in 1994. On August 2, 1993, Smith had brutally murdered the child in Steuben County, New York. Smith was a 13 year old teenager at that time. Now a 29 year old man, he still has the parole board in serious doubt about the stability of his mental health.
On the fateful day of the murder in 1993, little Derrick was walking to a youth summer camp in Savona, unaccompanied by his mother for the first time. He was intercepted on the way by Smith, who had lured him to a secluded area. Then Smith had killed the boy by strangulation and striking him with large rocks. Then he had followed his gruesome act by stuffing a napkin in Derrick’s mouth and pouring Kool- Aid over him. After that he had sexually abused the dead boy’s body.
Eric Smith as held in juvenile facility for 6 years. While in jail, he had written an apology letter to the Robie family and had read it out on public television too.
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- Murder convict arrested 10 years after jumping parole - Dec 20, 2011
- US woman who sent back Russian boy to pay $150,000 - May 18, 2012
- Mark David Chapman Refused Parole Once More - Sep 08, 2010
- Convict denied fund money for daughter's marriage - Jan 15, 2012
- It is boy for Rosamund Pike - May 08, 2012
- Bond Girl Rosamund Pike is pregnant - Feb 27, 2012
- Teen Charged With Attempted Rape & Slaying Of Cheltenham Teacher - Aug 02, 2010
- Son of Sam Parole: David Berkowitz Stays Put - May 12, 2010
- HIV positive porn star Derrick Burts speaks out - Dec 08, 2010
- British kid flies to Rome without passport - Jul 25, 2012
- Manu Sharma's parole plea decision Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Gang Leader Responsible For Murder Of Two Girls, Executed By The State - Aug 19, 2010
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,