English chess hit by race row over young Muslim playersAugust 15th, 2012 - 9:29 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Vienna, Aug 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Three young Muslim brothers were recently abused by the English delegation to a tournament which was hosted in Austria. They had gone for a chess competition when the incident occurred. The three young Muslim players were accompanied by their mother in the event.
The English delegation had no shame in insulting the mother as well. The oldest of the three brothers was left bleeding after an assault and the mother was spat at. This was a report that was even confirmed by the father of three brothers, Sohale Rahman. The abuse that was paused on the oldest brother was described as Islamophobic.
The report reached the English chess federation and they promised that they would take the most appropriate actions to the alleged people who assaulted the innocent boys with their mother. They claimed that the case was very serious and they have already started out the investigations.
They also said that the people who will be found guilty would have to face punishment. The 13 and 10 year old brothers were the ones who were selected by England to represent them in the European Union Youth Chess Championship in Mureck, which is located in Austria.
- English Chess hit by race row over abuse of young Muslim players - Aug 16, 2012
- Indian-American treats wife as slave; gets away with probation - May 24, 2012
- UK couple jailed for beating daughter for dating black man - Aug 06, 2012
- Sexual grooming of white girls an Asian problem: Official - Jun 08, 2012
- Muslims facing problems in Britain: Iranian student leader - Nov 02, 2011
- Honour killing over hijab gets life term in Canada - Jun 16, 2010
- Asian origin Bishop's sons assaulted by racist mob in Britain - May 08, 2010
- Girl gangraped in Hyderabad - Apr 18, 2011
- 13 Mumbai college-goers kill friend - Apr 19, 2012
- Documentary on blind chess players ready - Aug 18, 2012
- More than 400 Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes' - Mar 29, 2012
- British-Indian faces jail in Dubai for insulting Prophet - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Abused kids face elevated cancer risk as adults' - Jul 18, 2012
- Terror suspects families cry foul over arrests - Aug 31, 2012
- Muslim actress branded a 'western slut' after posing naked for Playboy - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: brother, chess, chess championship, chess competition, chess federation, delegation, england, english chess, european union, innocent boys, investigations, muslim brothers, shame, vienna, youth chess