Engin Kocak drives a burning tanker out of a petrol station to save many livesMarch 15th, 2011 - 8:45 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Ankara, Mar 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man saved the day when he bravely entered a burning tanker and drove it out of a petrol station. The video of the incident has been posted on the Internet and it has become an instant hit.
With all the worrying news making the headlines these days, Engin Kocak gave the world something to cheer about when he drove a burning tanker from a fuel station in Turkey. The 36-year-old initially tried to stop the fire with a water hose but he realized that it would not work. He was the first to spot the fire.
When he jumped into the tanker and drove it into the streets, he left a trail of fire behind him. In dramatic scenes that are only reserved for action movies, the man drove the car to about a kilometer away from the fuel station. Some cars were burned as a result of the fireball that was trailing the burning tanker.
About 60 firefighters battled the blaze and managed to extinguish it. Kocak who is a father of two is now the hero in Turkey and beyond as almost all those who have seen the video have praised him.
Six people have been injured with none of them injured seriously.
- William Shatner joins the campaign of 'Eat, Fry, Love' - Nov 16, 2011
- 3-alarm fire at New York City apartment building injures 31 - Mar 13, 2011
- Two firemen killed in US blaze - Apr 10, 2012
- Chandni Chowk blaze claims one life - Nov 30, 2010
- Man rams tanker into ex-wife's house - Jan 23, 2012
- Small fire broke out in Courtney Love's house - Jun 24, 2011
- Five killed in Turkey building fire - Jan 23, 2012
- Brazilian navy refloats tanker in Antarctica - Mar 05, 2012
- Another 26 NATO tankers burnt in Nowshera in Pak following air strike standoff - Oct 07, 2010
- 20 NATO tankers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 15, 2011
- 13 held in Turkey for blast that killed nine - Aug 24, 2012
- Firefighter dies battling flames in Delhi (Second Lead) - Oct 06, 2010
- Fire at World Trade Center in New York - Jun 03, 2012
- 27 more NATO oil tankers destroyed in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- At least 4 confirmed killed, 24 injured in San Bruno gas explosion - Sep 10, 2010