Elizabeth Smart Speaks About Her AbductionNovember 9th, 2010 - 8:31 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After eight years of wait, a trial has finally began in Elizabeth Smart’s case. Elizabeth Smart was 14 year old when Brian David Mitchell sneaked in through the window and abducted her in the middle of the night. After nine months she was rescued from Sandy, Utah, about 18 miles from her home along with her abductor Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Ileen Barzee. On Monday Elizabeth Smart testified in front of the jury of nine men and five woman and told them how she was abducted and also the humiliation, sexual assaults and constant death threats she faced if she tried to escape from that place.
In a startling revelation, Elizabeth Smart said that Brian David Mitchell held a knife on her neck and said that he was taking her “hostage” for “ransom”. She said that she was raped daily. Sometimes even three to four times a day. According to Elizabeth Smart, the accused seemed to be more obsessed with sex than with religion. She even said that she was forced to consume alcohol and cigarettes as well. Previously Elizabeth smart’s mother said that she hired Brian David Mitchell for handyman work at her home. However, Elizabeth Smart called him wicked, sneaky, manipulative, selfish and greedy. She said that he was not a voice of God which he used to claim and still claims.
Elizabeth Smart said three days after she was abducted, she heard people searching for her and she said that she did not respond to the calls because Brian David Mitchell threatened to kill her family. In the court documents she admitted that she knew the great sacrifice “Lord Almighty” has called upon her to make. Brian David Mitchell was in the courtroom for sometimes, however, he was asked to leave the court when he started singing religious hymns.
- After Eight Years Elizabeth Smart's Kidnapping Trial Begins Today - Nov 01, 2010
- Elizabeth Smart Testifies For Second Day, Recalls Her Horrific Experiences - Nov 10, 2010
- Elizabeth Smart Kidnapping Trial Starting Soon - Nov 01, 2010
- Wanda Barzee Sentenced Fifteen Years In Jail In Elizabeth Smart Kidnap Case - May 22, 2010
- Elizabeth Smart testifies that she was raped daily by Mitchell - Oct 02, 2009
- US kidnap victim, 21, says she was raped daily during nine-month captivity - Oct 02, 2009
- Brian Mitchell Faked Mental Illness In Elizabeth Smart Trial - Mar 02, 2010
- Elizabeth Smart speaks about her rape and kidnap ordeal - Oct 29, 2009
- US kidnap victim speaks out about her rape ordeal - Oct 29, 2009
- Elizabeth Smart Trial Begins, Accused Behaves Erratically On First Day - Nov 02, 2010
- Elizabeth Smart Faces Erstwhile Captor In Court - Oct 02, 2009
- Mitchell Case Still Under Wraps Of Delusional Disorder - Dec 01, 2009
- Brian David Mitchell found guilty in Elizabeth Smart kidnapping guilty - Dec 11, 2010
- Hearing To Be Organized To Determine The Change Of Venue In The Abduction Case Of Elizabeth Smart - Jul 30, 2010
- Elizabeth Smart trial to begin today with the jury selection - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: abducted, abduction, abductor, brian david mitchell, courtroom, david mitchell, death threats, elizabeth smart, gina gomez, handyman work, hostage, humiliation, nine months, ransom, religious hymns, sandy utah, sexual assaults, startling revelation, voice of god, wanda