Elizabeth Edwards Passes Away, Funeral Service On SaturdayDecember 9th, 2010 - 8:41 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Raleigh, Dec 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After battling cancer for six long years, Elizabeth Edwards passed away on Tuesday morning at her home in North Carolina. Family sources say that the estranged wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards was surrounded by her family members which includes her two children and husband as well as close friends during the last moments of her life. A memorial service is being planned to pay tribute to the 61-year-old much acclaimed attorney by her family and honor her the life that she lived.
According to a family spokesperson, the funeral service of Elizabeth Edwards would be held at Raleigh in North Carolina on Saturday and the event would not be a private affair as it would be open to public. The service would be held at the Edenton Street United Methodist Church on Saturday afternoon although the burial plans are still being edged out, the family spokesperson went on to add. The church where Saturday’s service would be held is the same one where the funeral of Edwards’ son Wade was held after he passed away in a tragic cat accident at the age of 16. Elizabeth Edwards is likely to be laid to rest beside her son in the Oakland Cemetery.
Over the years. Elizabeth Edwards emerged as the symbol of unshakable strength for the manner in which she handled her personal struggles which included the demise of her teenage son, her husband’s extra-marital affair and his admission that he has a love-child with Rielle Hunter, apart from fer six year long fight with cancer.
- Westboro Baptist Church Announces It Would Protest Against Elizabeth Edwards' Funeral - Dec 10, 2010
- Westboro Baptist Church Plans to Picket Edwards Funeral - Dec 10, 2010
- Federal Court Summons John Edwards' Donor Relatives For Testimony - Dec 07, 2010
- Elizabeth Edwards' Will Has Nothing For John Edwards - Jan 07, 2011
- John Edwards To Marry Mistress Rielle Hunter? - Jan 07, 2011
- Will Of The Dead Elizabeth Edwards Bequeaths All Her Assets To Her Kids, With Nothing For Estranged Husband, John Edwards - Jan 07, 2011
- Former US senator indicted - Jun 04, 2011
- Elizabeth Edwards Wants To Shed Media Image Of 'Cuckolded Wife' - Jun 30, 2010
- John Edwards Engaged - Rumor Hits Web - Jan 08, 2011
- John Edwards's name appears nowhere in his late wife's will - Jan 06, 2011
- John Edwards engaged to longtime mistress Rielle Hunter - Jan 07, 2011
- John Edwards' estranged wife doesn't want his mistress to become her kids' stepmom - May 31, 2010
- Rielle Hunter dumped John Edwards - Jun 03, 2011
- Elizabeth Edwards Leaves Nothing For John Edwards In Her Will - Jan 07, 2011
- Elizabeth Edwards Dies At 61 - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: burial plans, democratic presidential candidate, democratic presidential candidate john edwards, dey, edenton street united methodist, edenton street united methodist church, Elizabeth Edwards, extra marital affair, family sources, john edwards, love child, madhuri, oakland cemetery, personal struggles, presidential candidate john edwards, private affair, street united methodist church, teenage son, tuesday morning, united methodist church