Elizabeth Edwards Dies At 61December 8th, 2010 - 8:37 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The best selling author and estranged wife of former US senator John Edwards, Elizabeth Edwards passed away at her home on Tuesday leaving her friends and family mourn for her death. Previously her family released a statement where it was stated that doctors have already said that her cancer has reached the final stage and any treatment would be unproductive. Even the author took to her social networking site to express her feelings to the world during her last days.
Massachusetts U.S. Sen. John Kerry expressed his condolence at the unfortunate death of the best selling author. He remembered Elizabeth Edwards as the incredibly loving and devoted mother as she has become an inspiration to everyone who are fighting with cancer. Even US President Barack Obama said that Elizabeth Edwards’ grace and fortitude would remain as a source of inspiration to everyone. He also added that other people would have given up in the face of such an adversity or would have turned inward but Elizabeth Edward endured everything and managed to live her life with dignity. Elizabeth Edwards was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004 during the final days of her husband’s presidential campaign. Though she was treated by the doctors but the cancer again in 2007.
Elizabeth Edwards’ family released a statement after her death where it was stated that though they have lost the comfort of Elizabeth Edwards’ presence but she would remain in the heart of her family. Her family said that they love her and they would never meet or know anyone more inspiring than her in their lives. Elizabeth Edwards took to social networking site just a day before her sad demise where she expressed her love and gratitude to everyone who supported her in her difficult times.
- Elizabeth Edwards' Cancer Spreads, Doctors Say Treatments Would Be Unproductive - Dec 07, 2010
- Democrats Of Washington Mourns Elizabeth Edwards' Death - Dec 08, 2010
- Elizabeth Edwards' health deteriorates - Dec 07, 2010
- Elizabeth Edwards succumbs to breast cancer at 61 - Dec 08, 2010
- Elizabeth Edwards' Will Has Nothing For John Edwards - Jan 07, 2011
- Elizabeth Edwards Passes Away, Funeral Service On Saturday - Dec 09, 2010
- John Edwards's name appears nowhere in his late wife's will - Jan 06, 2011
- "The Nate Berkus Show" Premieres On September 13 - Aug 04, 2010
- Will Of The Dead Elizabeth Edwards Bequeaths All Her Assets To Her Kids, With Nothing For Estranged Husband, John Edwards - Jan 07, 2011
- Elizabeth Edwards Leaves Nothing For John Edwards In Her Will - Jan 07, 2011
- Westboro Baptist Church Announces It Would Protest Against Elizabeth Edwards' Funeral - Dec 10, 2010
- National Enquirer planning to come out with a reality show - Jun 11, 2011
- Elizabeth Edwards Wants To Shed Media Image Of 'Cuckolded Wife' - Jun 30, 2010
- Federal Court Summons John Edwards' Donor Relatives For Testimony - Dec 07, 2010
- Elizabeth Edwards Selling Family Home In Chapel Hill - Jul 03, 2010
Tags: adversity, barack obama, breast cancer, condolence, difficult times, edwards family, Elizabeth Edwards, fortitude, gina gomez, gratitude, john edwards, john kerry, last days, presidential campaign, sad demise, sen john kerry, senator john edwards, social networking site, unfortunate death, us senator