Elian Gonzalez Is Happy In CubaJuly 2nd, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Cuba, July 2, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Elian Gonzalez, the castaway 16 year old from Cuba said in a recent statement that he is happy to be in the Cuban soil and has also expressed that he no longer bears grudges against his relatives back in the United States who had in the past tried to confine the young boy in America.
Elian Gonzalez, who is now a military cadet as well as a member of the communist party spoke to a gathering at the 10th anniversary celebrations of the state enumerating with emotion that Cuba was the country where he belongs to. Cuba is now is home and he is very happy here. Elian Gonzalez now lives with his father in the Latin American country.
Elian Gonzalez, a child then, was the only Cuban citizen to survive a boat capsize that took place off the coast of Florida in the year 1999. After he was saved by the rescuers, Elian Gonzalez was sent to his uncle’s home in Miami. Fidel Castro, the then President of Cuba had fought a tough battle against the international immigration authorities after the incident occurred in his attempt to bring back the child to Cuba. The fight ended on a positive note for Cuba when the US agents decided to hand over Elian Gonzalez to his father who lived in Havana.
Juan Miguel Gonzlez, Elian Gonzalez’s father too is happy today to see his son doing in every sphere of life. The Cuban government has always tried to shield Elian Gonzalez from excessive international media attention. Ral Castro, the present President of Cuba was also present at the celebrations in which Elian Gonzalez thanked his country Cuba.
- Elian Gonzalez Expresses That He Is Happy To Be In Cuba - Jul 02, 2010
- Elian Gonzalez says that he is happy to be in Cuba - Jul 02, 2010
- Cuba, US to resume friendly baseball games - Mar 21, 2012
- Fidel Castro turns 85 - Aug 14, 2011
- Fidel Castro: I was misinterpreted - Sep 12, 2010
- Fidel Castro slams 'assassination' of unarmed bin Laden - May 06, 2011
- Raul Castro hints at easing of Cuba's migration policy - Aug 02, 2011
- Che Guevara's motorcycle companion dead - Mar 06, 2011
- WHO praises Cuba's health care system - Mar 28, 2012
- Cuba asks officials to wear traditional shirts - Oct 13, 2010
- Castro meets experts to discuss threats to human species - Feb 12, 2012
- Twitter fuels Fidel Castro death rumor - Jan 05, 2012
- Maradona expresses admiration of Castro - Jul 25, 2010
- Cuban publishes book on history of ballet - Feb 22, 2012
- Castro's daughter wants Banderas to play her dad in film - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: 10th anniversary, anniversary celebrations, communist party, country cuba, cuban government, cuban soil, elian gonzalez, emotion, fidel castro, gina gomez, grudges, havana, immigration authorities, international immigration, international media attention, latin american country, president of cuba, rescuers, sphere, tough battle