EL AL Israel Airlines returns $50,000 worth of forgotten contentsJanuary 28th, 2010 - 2:50 am ICT by BNO News
NEW YORK CITY (BNO NEWS) – EL AL Israel Airlines on Wednesday safely returned to a New York woman her forgotten backpack containing $50,000 worth of jewelry and irreplaceable business documents.
Upon arrival from Israel into JFK international airport, the EL AL passenger accidentally left her backpack at the baggage claim area next to the luggage carousel. The contents of the bag included an 18 carat gold rope necklace, Tahitian black pearls, white pearls, and diamond rings. There was also a laptop, her pocketbook with personal items plus important business papers.
It was only upon arrival at her home in Queens when the passenger discovered that the backpack was missing.
She immediately returned to JFK and, on her way, received a call from the EL AL information desk that the bag was found and all the items were safe. The EL AL agent found her cell phone number on a prescription bottle that was in the back pack.
“I cannot express enough how grateful I am to EL AL and commend the employees who found the bag and returned it to me,” the customer explained in a thank you note to the airline. “I am not sure this would have turned out the same with any other airline.”
EL AL is Israel’s national airline, and offers the most nonstop flights between New York and Israel, as well as the only nonstop service from Los Angeles.
- Paris Hilton sued for not returning $60K in borrowed Damiani jewelry - Apr 07, 2011
- Embarassed US security officials searching for missing guns from Netanyahu's luggage - Jul 08, 2010
- Guns of Israel PM's guards missing in US, security clueless - Jul 08, 2010
- American Airlines To Check Boeing 757 Fleet And Start New Service - Dec 14, 2010
- LiLo suffers 'anxiety attack' at NY airport - Mar 15, 2011
- Christie's to auction "giant pearl" - Mar 30, 2011
- Bomb scare on US airliner - Aug 21, 2012
- JetBlue captain goes berserk on flight, subdued by passengers - Mar 29, 2012
- Crazed staffer flees from emergency chute after F-word tirade against passenger - Aug 10, 2010
- Major New York City-area airports to reopen on Monday - Aug 29, 2011
- Angelina Jolie Launches Jewelry Line For Charity - Dec 10, 2010
- JetBlue flight attendant who lost his cool gets bail - Aug 11, 2010
- Trash bag clad mugger attempts to rob Texas jewelry store with kitchen knife! - Oct 20, 2010
- Jet Airways to suspend Brussels-New York flight - Jun 15, 2012
- New US, Canada aviation rules creates passenger discomfort - Dec 28, 2009
Tags: 18 carat gold, back pack, backpack, baggage claim area, bno, business documents, business papers, cell phone number, diamond rings, el al israel airlines, information desk, jfk, jfk international airport, luggage carousel, national airline, new york woman, pocketbook, prescription bottle, rope necklace, tahitian black pearls