Duquesne Light Says Power Outage Could Stay Till SundaySeptember 24th, 2010 - 7:21 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A recent report suggests that residents of Pennsylvania who have been facing power outage in the area since the storm on Wednesday might not get back the power till Sunday morning. The bad news comes after the authorities have failed to restore all the damaged power lines after the massive damage by the powerful storm. As many as 52000 customers of Duquesne Light faced power outage after the storm on Wednesday but the company was able to restore the electricity in some of the homes over the last two days. However, some of the houses will have to wait till Sunday morning for the electricity.
According to the National Weather Service, the rain was not the main cause of the power outage. It was the strong winds that uprooted the trees, which in turn landed on the power lines, that caused the power outages in the area. The authorities have, reportedly, installed 700 feet of new wiring in the area. They have also warned the citizens of the potential electrical hazard that the downed power lines pose, especially in the South Hill district.
There was some more trouble for the residents of a Mt.Lebanon tower as there were reports of a carbon monoxide build up due to the emergency generator that started after the loss of power. The residents had to be evacuated but no injuries were reported. The residents were soon back to their homes. The areas which will have to wait till Sunday for the power to return to the homes include Baldwin Borough, Banksville, Brookline and Scott. Duquesne Light has also released a help line number that residents can contact to report the power outages.
- Storm Induced Duquesne Light Outage Could Last Through Saturday - Sep 24, 2010
- Duquesne Light Outage: Pittsburg inhabitants may be bereft of power till Sunday - Sep 24, 2010
- Storm knocks Washington powerless (Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Three dead in US storms - Sep 08, 2012
- Thousands suffer power outages in US after storms - Jun 13, 2012
- AEP Working Hard To Overcome Power Outages In Ohio - Feb 02, 2011
- Dust storm, rains in Patna - Apr 19, 2011
- Amtrak working to restore service - Aug 29, 2011
- Cyclone hits northern Australia - Feb 16, 2011
- High winds knock off Pakistan power supply - Jul 31, 2012
- Oregon Tornado Leaves A Trail Of Massive Destruction - Dec 15, 2010
- Powers crisis turns into law-and-order scare for UP government - Jul 24, 2012
- Delhi blames neighbouring states for power crisis (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Chandigarh hit by major power outage for hours - Jun 21, 2012
- Pepco Power Outage Leaves 280,000 Without Power - Jul 27, 2010
Tags: authorities, bad news, baldwin borough, banksville, carbon monoxide, citizens, duquesne light, electrical hazard, electricity, emergency generator, kar, massive damage, mt lebanon, national weather service, power outage, power outages, powerful storm, report suggests that, strong winds, sunday morning