Duke and Duchess of Cambridge settle for budget Flybe seatsAugust 2nd, 2011 - 11:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge showed modesty when they flew cattle class during their trip from the wedding between Mike and Zara over the weekend. During their trip, the Duke and Duchess flew with the other passengers in the same class when they boarded the £16.50 per passenger flight.
They were joined by their bodyguards and other entourage during the trip. Kate and William were on their way back from the wedding in Edinburgh when they chose to fly in the discounted flight. The pair got down at the Manchester Airport because that is nearest to their home.
The royal went through the normal procedure at the airport like all the other passengers. The latest public display of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge comes in the wake of the call by Queen Elizabeth for the Royal Family to spend modestly in the wake of the financial struggle facing the United Kingdom.
A spokesperson for Manchester Airport told reporters that, “With the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge living not too far away in North Wales, we were hoping to see them more often and become their local international airport of choice and we are looking forward to welcoming them through our doors over the coming years.”
- William, Kate refuse compensation - Jul 21, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton's dress rakes in 10 million in ticket sales - Jul 19, 2012
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Catherine's wedding gown to go on display - Jun 07, 2011
- Prince William, Kate in Seychelles for honeymoon - May 10, 2011
- Will-Kat fly out of palace, honeymoon destination a secret - Apr 30, 2011
- Plane with William, Kate in runway scare - Feb 12, 2012
- Pippa Middleton goes to Queen's Club Championship to watch Murray-Tipsarevic match - Jun 10, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Irish newspaper suspends editor over topless Kate photos - Sep 18, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth welcomes President Obama, Michelle - May 24, 2011
- Thousands cheer Queen's Diamond Jubilee river pageant - Jun 04, 2012
- Prince William enjoys a night out with close friend - Jun 11, 2012
- Zara Phillips gets engaged - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: aug 2, bodyguards, budget, cambridge, cattle, doors, duke and duchess, edinburgh, entourage, financial struggle, fly, kate and william, manchester airport, modesty, north wales, passenger flight, queen elizabeth, royal family, spokesperson, zara