Duchess of York - Sarah Ferguson is in debt and almost brokeAugust 8th, 2010 - 11:04 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Duchess of York – Sarah Ferguson is reportedly in debt and that too, to the tune of $3 million. This news was confirmed by her spokesman who also added that she is planning to file for bankruptcy.
According to BBC, her spokesman said that, “There is a number of options open to the duchess of which bankruptcy is one. But it would be premature to say she is going into bankruptcy as the situation is being managed.” The spokesman also added that she is considering many options at the moment. She hasn’t decided on the way out as yet. he also divulged that she is planning to revive her career and is meeting people as regards to writing books, television appearances, and public speaking engagements amongst others.
However this news was not a shocker, as in May there was a major scandal when she was selling access to her ex-husband Prince Andrew in exchange of money. She was also got on tape, asking for money in exchange to set up a meeting with her former husband. However the scheme backfired on her, because the person in question who offered her the money was in fact an undercover reporter for the British paper – News of the World.
- Sarah Ferguson clears part of $7mn debt thanks to Oprah - Mar 07, 2011
- Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson caught on tape selling access to her ex-husband for money - May 23, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson claims that she was drinking prior to the sting operation - Jun 01, 2010
- Queen, Prince Charles back Duchess of York - May 31, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson gets measly $21,500 a year from Prince Andrew - May 25, 2010
- Royal filmed seeking bribe, Britain stunned (Lead) - May 24, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson storms out of '60 Minutes' interview - Aug 12, 2011
- Sorry, says British royal after seeking bribe - May 24, 2010
- Sarah Fergie to talk about her bribe scandal on Oprah show - May 28, 2010
- Duchess of York not invited to William's wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- Fergie turned down $3mn Saudi Prince sex offer: Biographer - May 31, 2010
- Fergie hasn't always been so greedy: Biographer - May 31, 2010
- Prince Andrew's ex-wife sued by lawyers over debts - Apr 23, 2010
- Sarah Ferguson wants to star in 'Dancing with the Stars' - May 26, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey says she advised Fergie not to appear on reality TV shows - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: asking for money, bankruptcy, bbc, duchess of york, duchess of york sarah ferguson, london, meeting people, news of the world, paper news, prince andrew, sarah ferguson, scandal, shocker, speaking engagements, spokesman said that, television appearances, undercover reporter, writing books