Driver dies in Roseburg, OR after crashing into police carFebruary 16th, 2010 - 1:20 am ICT by BNO News
PORTLAND, OREGON (BNO NEWS) – A Roseburg, Oregon man died after crashing into a police car last Sunday, local police said Monday.
Roseburg Police attempted to stop Nathan W. Lubken, 31, after a traffic violation around 10:46 p.m. local time, but as Lubken attempted to elude the officer, he lost control of his 1997 Honda Civic and crashed head-on with a Roseburg police officer.
Lubken was transported by ambulance to Mercy Medical Center in Roseburg where he was pronounced deceased. The Roseburg police officer who was crashed into received minor injuries and is reported in good condition. All three people involved were wearing their seatbelts.
Lubken had already been stripped from his driving privileges and further investigations established that the Honda had been reported stolen to Lane County Sheriff’s Office.
Passenger Holly Cherie Sullivan, 27, from Eugene, Oregon was severely injured. She was initially taken to Mercy Medical Center but was later transferred to Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland.
The police officer involved in the crash, whose name will be publicly released on Tuesday, has been with Roseburg Police Department for 3 years and was also taken to Mercy Medical Center.
Oregon State Police troopers are continuing the investigation into Sunday night’s fatal traffic crash.
- Oregon Brothers' Vehicles Collide Head-on Leading To The Death Of One - Jul 15, 2010
- Eugene, OR police arrest teen for drunk driving after causing a head-on collision - Jan 19, 2010
- Oregon State Police detained a WA fugitive after a car chase - Mar 25, 2010
- Body found in Oregon identified as missing tsunami victim - Apr 12, 2011
- Head-On Collision Between Orgeon Based Brothers - Jul 15, 2010
- Two die in Gresham, Oregon restaurant shootings - Feb 13, 2010
- Oregon police detective arrested for domestic violence - Feb 18, 2010
- Armed Oregon man demands to be shot and confronts police officer - Apr 16, 2010
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
- Male Dials 911 From Hot Bathtub And Requests Hot Chocolate - Sep 02, 2010
- Face-chewing victim Ronald Poppo is now awake and alert - Jun 13, 2012
- Man fires insect repellent in Oregon robbery case - Aug 17, 2012
- Elderly woman trapped under her heavy dresser for 4 days - Jun 18, 2012
- Light earthquake rattles Oregon - Nov 16, 2010
- Oregon murder suspect arrested - Apr 06, 2010
Tags: 3 years, bno, cherie, driving privileges, eugene oregon, fatal traffic crash, honda civic, lane county sheriff, last sunday, legacy emanuel hospital, mercy medical center, minor injuries, oregon man, oregon state police, police car, police department, police officer, portland oregon, roseburg oregon, traffic violation