Driver Arrested In Accident That Killed Saddletramps Motorcycle Club’s BikersNovember 15th, 2010 - 9:37 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
San Diego, Nov 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Their moment of celebration turned into a worst nightmare for a group of motorcycle riders belonging to the Saddletramps Motorcycle Club when they were involved in a head-on collision with a car on a California desert highway over the weekend. The accident in which the vehicle completely smashed the motorcycles resulted in the death of five people while six of them received significant injuries. As per the latest updates, Californian police authorities have taken a man under custody on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
California Highway Patrol Officer DeeAnn Goudie told reporters that 36-year-old Carlos Ramirez Bobadilla was arrested by the authorities just few hours after the crash on the desert motorway that took place on Saturday. However, the California Highway Patrol official confirmed that the man was not being detained for causing the death of the riders but was being held only for a misdemeanor. At the same time, DeeAnn Goudie also added that as of now it is not clear whether alcohol consumption of the driver resulted in the fatal accident. It has been reported that the results of the blood tests are pending and they most likely would be available after two weeks.
In the meanwhile, Carl Smith who is the president of the Saddletramps Motorcycle Club has divulged that three riders have sustained severe injuries in the accident but they are expected to recover while two other riders have suffered injuries that are not life-threatening. All the bikers who were involved in the accident were associated with the Lakeside, California based Saddletramps Motorcycle Club and were celebrating the club’s 10th anniversary.
- "American Pie" Star Chris Klein Arrested For Driving Under Influence - Jun 17, 2010
- Lucerne Valley Car Crash Kills Eight, Injures 17 - Aug 16, 2010
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- Holiday anti-DUI campaign, "Avoid the 38", established for Orange County, CA drivers - Dec 30, 2009
- California man killed by bird in a cockfight - Feb 09, 2011
- New motorcyclists face doubled risk of accidents - Jun 02, 2010
- Oklahoma vehicle pursuit leads to a near head-on car crash with Missouri trooper - Apr 23, 2010
- Painter Thomas Kinkade Arrested on DUI Suspicion - Jun 15, 2010
- Al-K-Traz members hurt in accident - Apr 03, 2012
- Attack on judges: Lawyers threaten strike Friday - May 17, 2012
- Safer doesn't necessarily mean slower when it comes to road safety - Dec 01, 2010
- David Beckham unhurt in car accident - May 08, 2011
- Naked US woman walks 500m with broken leg to get help - Jun 15, 2010
- Amanda Bynes in driving accident - again! - Apr 15, 2012
- Driver hits a deer in rally motorcycle, yet drives on - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,