Drew Peterson Murder Trial To Have Less Hearsay EvidencesJuly 22nd, 2010 - 7:31 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
July 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A reputed media source has been able to obtain the four pages sealed opinion that went behind the ruling of Illinois Judge Stephen White regarding the Drew Peterson murder trial. The judge had then ruled that hearsay evidence in the Drew Peterson murder trial will not be held well in framing a sentence against the alleged murderer. The media source has revealed that the sealed document contains the specific quotes that the third and the fourth wife of Drew Peterson had said to their friends, family members and church pastors before their alleged murder.
Stephen White had barred eight hearsay statements out of the 13 hearsay that Kathleen Savio has reportedly said to her college friends and family members before her murder. The Judge had however allowed the statements made by Kathleen Savio to her sister and a college friend for court hearing. In one of Kathleen Savio’s statement to her sister, she had allegedly mentioned that Drew Peterson had said to her that he would kill her and would not go for a divorce settlement. Kathleen Savio mentions “I will never get his pension or my children”.
The prosecutors on Wednesday appealed to the judge’s ruling about what evidences can be put to use in the hearing of the murder trial in front of the jury. The murder trial of Drew Peterson was to begin earlier this month but suffered a setback after the ruling of Stephen White. Nick Savio, brother of Kathleen Savio said to media sources that he was happy about the fact that Stephen White wants to allow some of the statements but added that one needs everything one can get in a murder trial in order to convict a person.
- Court Refuses Release, Drew Peterson To Remain In Jail - Jul 09, 2010
- Additional Particulars Surface Of The Sealed Judgment In The Slaughter Case Of Drew Peterson - Jul 22, 2010
- Drew Peterson Ordered To Stay In Jail - Jul 09, 2010
- Drew Peterson To Stay Back In Jail During Trial - Jul 10, 2010
- Judge: Drew Peterson most probably killed his 3rd and 4th wife - Jul 22, 2010
- Judge: Drew Peterson to remain in jail during the trial - Jul 09, 2010
- Drew Peterson To Remain Locked Up In Jail - Jul 11, 2010
- Drew Peterson has been indicted with the charges of murdering his third wife - May 08, 2009
- Dikshit gets court notice on BJP leader's plea - Jul 10, 2012
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- Aarushi case trial begins, court adjourned till May 14 - May 11, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders: Four years of a whodunit - May 14, 2012
- I did not kill Kercher: Knox tells court - Oct 03, 2011
- Court records statement of nun raped in Kandhamal clashes - Nov 03, 2010
- Trayvon Martin shooter turns himself in after bond revoked - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: church pastors, college friend, college friends, court hearing, dey, divorce settlement, evidences, family members, friends and family, friends family, hearsay evidence, hearsay statements, media source, media sources, murder trial, murderer, prosecutors, savio, setback, stephen white