Dr. Rahul Velineni saves a man’s life via FacebookFebruary 15th, 2011 - 8:41 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Feb 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man’s life has been saved after he posted his excruciating stomach pains on Facebook.
Dr. Rahul Velineni claims that he stumbled on the man’s status. The man is an old friend of his and when he saw the post that was describing the excruciating pain that he was having, he advised him to contact him.
The friend, Peter Ball, contacted the 30-year-old doctor the next day and a procedure was done to remove the man’s appendix which was in line to kill him over time.
The two friends have lost contact with each other for a very long time. When Dr. Velineni read the status of his friend, he thought it was a great opportunity for the two to get back together. After accessing Ball, the doctors determined that his condition has been made to go too far.
The only option was the operation to remove the appendix and save his life. Ball knows what that means to him and he has offered his old pal a drink for saving his life.
The Sun quoted Ball saying that, “We hadn’t seen each other for ages. I owe him a drink.”
- Cricket ball-size stone removed from man's bladder (With Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- Nail removed from American's brain - Jan 22, 2012
- Peter Casaru saved because of Facebook message - Oct 08, 2011
- Peter Andre back on stage after surgery - Nov 30, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan ill again, may undergo CT-scan - Apr 10, 2012
- Clooney praises Pitt - Feb 17, 2012
- Man loses $49K worth collection of poisonous snakes - Feb 27, 2012
- A handicapped man on noble mission to educate (With Images) - Jan 15, 2012
- Man hospitalized after being headbutted by giraffe - Mar 06, 2012
- Abishek accompanied Big B for his checkup - Apr 10, 2012
- Indian doctors remove embedded bullet from Nigerian man - Jul 17, 2011
- Patrick Swayze refuses to have life-saving lung operation - May 12, 2009
- Andre upset over daughter's burn injuries - Feb 07, 2011
- Strange "Alien Tumor" Found Growing Inside California Man - Feb 16, 2011
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011