Dozens brave cold weather to set up swimwear queue recordDecember 14th, 2011 - 11:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Wanting to be in the record books come at a cost. For dozens of people in Britain, it may have to be enduring the cold weather in their swimwear. A travel agency in London organized the biggest swimwear queue in the world recently.
Dozens of participants came out in the freezing temperatures this winter and queued in front of the Virgin Holidays store in Kensington High Street, London. The organizers and participants believe they have done enough to be entered into the record books.
Of course the shop was using the stunt for publicity but what was in it for the participants? Well the men and women who came out and stood in the sub-zero temperature did so because they have been promised pre-registration ahead of the company’s opening early next year.
The store will be the first one located permanently on a high street. Officials say they will open the doors to the public this January.
Customer director of Virgin Holidays Mark Anderson told reporters that, “It will be very experiential. We want people to come in and play with and experience travel, not just be sold it.”
Officials from Guinness World Records will have to verify the stunt before entering it into the books.
- What Guinness? My job is to run: 100-year-old Fauja Singh (Interview) (With images) - Jan 04, 2012
- It takes twice as long to reach the front of a queue than it did 2yrs back - Aug 23, 2010
- End of travel agents? More people buying vacations online - Jun 30, 2012
- Last day of the Lord's Test sold out - Jul 25, 2011
- Human dominoes smash Guinness World Record - Jul 16, 2012
- Dutch gamers break Guinness world record non-stop gaming - Jul 19, 2010
- 'World's largest budgie smuggler' parade to be held Down Under - Nov 03, 2009
- In paying tribute to Hazarika, guitarists create record - Jun 04, 2012
- Will Ferrell to stage world-record attempt with gathering of superheroes - Sep 17, 2010
- Frrell attempts world record - Sep 18, 2010
- 200,000 people worldwide celebrate Guinness World Records Day - Nov 19, 2010
- Trumpeters break longest fanfare record in Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - May 23, 2012
- Big freeze: Christmas travel plans in chaos - Dec 18, 2010
- Australians strip for charity - Dec 05, 2010
- Ikea's racism row over employment of security guards - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: cold weather, doors, dozens, guinness world records, kensington high street, mark anderson, men and women, organizers, participants, publicity, record books, street london, temperatures, travel agency, virgin holidays, zero temperature