Dover Man Charged With Assaulting A Bakery ClerkOctober 26th, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dover, Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Berwick man Thomas Goulet was charged with assaulting a clerk at Duston’s Bakery & Deli last weekend. Capt. Michael Raiche told a reputed media source that the man allegedly threw sandwich to one of the clerk of the bakery as the sandwich he ordered was not finished on time. The incident took place on last Saturday, October 17, the police said.
Capt. Michael Raiche told a reputed media source that Thomas Goulet entered the bakery and ordered sandwiches. However, as he was over the phone, the clerk could not ask him the questions about the sandwiches and she concentrated on her other jobs while waiting for Thomas Goulet to end his conversation over the phone. However, when Thomas Goulet’s conversation got over he became angry as the sandwich was not ready by then. He abused the clerk and threw the sandwich at her face. The clerk was unhurt but the other clerks in the store witnessed the incident. When police contacted him after receiving the complain but the 42-year-old man denied all the charges against him.
Capt. Michael Raiche said that Thomas Goulet admitted that he was in the bakery and said that he was treated “poorly” there. He even denied the charges saying that he did not throw sandwich to the clerk. However, the law enforcement officials said that they received many written complaints against Thomas Goulet and hence they arrested and charged him with a Class B misdemeanor simple assault charge. Capt. Michael Raiche said that one does not need to hurt someone in case of a simple assault, it can be done with an unwanted “physical contact” as well. Thomas Goulet was later released on $500 bail and he will have to appear on court on December 3.
- Dover Man charged for assault with a sandwich - Oct 27, 2010
- Legal battle on in the 'Heart attack sandwich' case - May 12, 2011
- Man sentenced in Cowbell assault case - May 05, 2011
- US woman 'stabs hubby after bad sex' - May 06, 2010
- Man calls 911 over a wrong sandwich - Jun 18, 2012
- Waitress scolds British PM, asks to stand in queue - Jul 05, 2012
- Kanye West Sued For Attacking Photographer - Jan 06, 2011
- Ex England Player Michael Ricketts Charged in Woman's Assault - Dec 07, 2010
- George Zimmerman accused of sexual abuse - Jul 17, 2012
- New Hampshire Teen Kyle Dubois' Nipples Zapped, Sues School - Sep 01, 2010
- Tiger Woods has hot dog thrown at him - Oct 10, 2011
- Albert Haynesworth charged in road rage case - Feb 05, 2011
- Man tries to pay with $1M bill at Walmart - Jan 04, 2012
- Fight over dog biscuit leads to arrest - Feb 07, 2011
- Clerk foils robbery attempt with sword in SC - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: amp, assault charge, bakery, capt, class b misdemeanor, clerks, duston, gina gomez, goulet, jobs, last saturday, law enforcement officials, man thomas, media source, old man, sandwich, sandwiches, simple assault