Doughnut Burger Steals The Show At Florida State FairAugust 11th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Aug 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The family behind the chocolate covered bacon is back again this year with some more bizarrely delicious new items that is sure to make a menu look unbelievable. Amongst their latest offerings it is the doughnut burger and the deep fried butter that have got the people talking. Dennis Reas, the man behind the idea said that the objective of the strange foods was to keep the people entertained.
The Reases started serving the strange food this winter at the Florida State Fair and have exploded in popularity ever since. Not only are the foods tried by the ‘just curious’ people but some are even known to have developed a liking to the foods and have them regularly. One of the most bizarre foods that are sold at the fair is the deep fried Pepsi that got the most animated reactions from the tasters. One of the people at the fair where the food was being sold, said that she liked the sweetness of the doughnut and the saltiness of the beef coming together in the burger. There was also a great amount of curiosity generated by the deep fried butter and most of the people asked about the recipe of the items.
Blake Reas, who was at the deep fried butter stand this year during the 17 day fair, revealed that contrary to speculation, the deep fried butter is not exactly butter stick. He explained that he first froze the butter and then covered it in cinnamon before cutting it into cubes and then frying it. Dennis Reas said that the ideas were all over the well known social networking sites and he got the idea from one of the state fairs of Texas.
- Doughnut Burgers And Deep-Fried Butter Represent The Popular New Foods At The State Fairs In America - Aug 11, 2010
- Twinkie log make their debut at the Iowa State fair - Aug 12, 2011
- Donut bacon hotdog set to debut at the NY State Fair - Jul 19, 2012
- Fried Kool aid is a bestseller at the San Diego County Fair - Jun 21, 2011
- Corn Dog Pizza wins blue ribbon at Minnesota State Fair - Sep 24, 2010
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
- Meet Americans latest love - the 1,500-calorie 'Craz-E Burger'! - Oct 07, 2009
- Packed with 1000 calories, the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is not for the faint-hearted - Aug 18, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Burger: The Making of a "Killer" Snack - Aug 19, 2010
- Eat light, healthy food to stay cool this summer: Doctors - May 17, 2012
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger To Be Introduced At The Wisconsin State Fair - Aug 18, 2010
- Beckham joins Burger King campaign - Apr 07, 2012
- Now, fried-beer fillets that pack a punch for those who love booze - Aug 31, 2010
- Malaria-stricken Cheryl Cole advised to cut junk food - Jul 15, 2010
- Sale of marmalade drops as more people prefer peanut butter, chocolate spread - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: bacon, bizarre foods, cinnamon, contrary, cubes, curiosity, deep fried pepsi, doughnut burger, florida state fair, fried butter, kar, liking, meena, pepsi, social networking sites, speculation, state fairs, strange food, strange foods, sweetness