Dogs take part in frisbee championships in BudapestJune 18th, 2012 - 8:06 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Budapest, June 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sixty dogs, accompanied with their owners, have competed catching Frisbees at the European Disc Dog Championships.
The animals, which come from six different countries, have taken part in the event, which took place last Sunday in the Hungarian capital, Budapest.
The competition consists of a number of stages. In one of these, the canines and their owners had to perform a routine named “toss and fetch freestyle” to music.
The winners of the tournament are awarded the European title. They are also guaranteed a place in the world Frisbee disc dog championships, which will take place in the US in September.
One dog owner said that, “It all depends on the perfect harmony between dog and handler.”
- Dogs yawn hearing master do the same - May 10, 2012
- Children can read dog barks better than adults - Oct 14, 2011
- Computers replacing dogs' place in your life - Jul 27, 2011
- National Dog Show Winner Clooney Surprises His Handler - Nov 26, 2010
- Dogs at Queen's estate in Sandringham struck by rare disease - Sep 19, 2011
- Kenya seizes Nigeria-bound 600 kg illegal ivory - Jun 23, 2012
- Uggie the dog has retired - Jan 27, 2012
- Rebecca Adlington seeks gold on her CWG debut - Oct 02, 2010
- Canines get ready to sniff out trouble at Games (With Images) - Aug 10, 2010
- Dogs 'likelier to bond better with male owners than female' - Apr 08, 2011
- Hungary bans smoking at public places - Apr 27, 2011
- Dogs don't care if their owners are a little nutty - Jan 06, 2011
- European swimming: Seven golds decided on penultimate day - May 27, 2012
- Phydough Initiates A 'Food Truck' For Dogs - Jan 07, 2011
- Heroic dog to be honoured for finding bombs in Afghanistan - Feb 07, 2010