Doctors Find A Way To Cure Giant WomanJune 5th, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
June 5, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Doctors of Tanya Angus, the woman suffering from gigantism, seem to have found a cure for her condition. Angus, who is referred to as a giant woman was just like any other normal woman until her body started growing. She also suffered from extreme back pain and flu like symptoms along with the abnormal growth.
Doctors did a MRI scan and found a tumor the size of an orange, in her brain. She was suffering from gigantism in which the body overproduces the growth hormone. Doctors are now hopeful that after two successful surgeries and medications her body will stop growing further..
Apart from the pain, Angus also had to face questions raised by people regarding her appearance. She said that people at her workplace asked if she was a man. She added that her huge size made people question her gender, making her even more uncomfortable.
Lots of people told Angus that she would probably not be able to make it to her teens. Even doctors told her that she would die before 30. Angus is 31 now and is hopeful for the future. She said that she is going to keep on pushing herself.
- No More Growth For The Woman Who Couldn't Stop Growing - Jun 03, 2010
- Cure for woman who can't stop growing found - Jun 03, 2010
- Surgery Successful For 'The Woman Who Can't Stop Growing' - Jun 03, 2010
- "Giant Woman" To Undergo Surgery To Stop Her Overgrowth - Jun 05, 2010
- The woman who can't stop growing - Jul 23, 2009
- Woman with rare hormonal disorder operated upon (with images) - Dec 27, 2011
- Now, a tiny white bread mint like capsule to track cancer in the body - Mar 16, 2011
- Tanya Angus: Not A Biblical Giant - Jun 24, 2009
- Alien tumor found inside Californian man - Feb 16, 2011
- Seven-foot tall woman draws crowds in Bengal - Jul 03, 2012
- Mystery illness: nails grow out of hair follicles - Aug 10, 2012
- Strange "Alien Tumor" Found Growing Inside California Man - Feb 16, 2011
- 23-year-old woman ages 50 years in just days! - Oct 13, 2011
- Indian surgeons help Nigerian woman back on her feet - Sep 05, 2011
- British woman allergic to water - Mar 13, 2012