Did Chilean miners smoke pot underground?February 15th, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Santiago, Feb 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A new book by Jonathan Franklin of The Washington Post and The Guardian claims that the 33 Chilean miners who were trapped underground for 69 days were given pot to pass the time.
According to the book 33 Men: Inside the Miraculous Survival and Dramatic Rescue of the Chilean Miners , the miners were also given pornographic books and other things to keep their mind off the ordeal that they were going through. The book claims that the things were smuggled to the miners by the family members out of concern.
The book further claimed that a donor offered to get the miners inflatable dolls for pleasure. That request according to the book was turned down by doctors out of concern that it might cause more harm than good. The doctors demanded that unless the donor was ready to give 33 inflatable dolls to the miners, they wouldn’t allow the doll down the tunnel.
According to the book the doctors were concerned that the miners “would be fighting for inflatable dolls: Whose turn is it? Who was seen with whose fiancee? You are flirting with my inflatable doll,’ the medic explained.”
The 33 Chilean miners were trapped underground after the mine that they were working in collapsed. Rescuers managed to get the miners out after drilling a tunnel to the miners.
- Trapped Chilean miners denied blow-up sex dolls in case of jealousy - Feb 14, 2011
- Trapped Chilean miners discussed cannibalism - Oct 11, 2011
- Chile Miners Play Against Rescuers In Friendly Football Match - Oct 26, 2010
- Nine miners trapped in Peru - Apr 08, 2012
- Chilean president chats with trapped miners - Sep 21, 2010
- Chilean miners' rescue shaft hits problem - Sep 02, 2010
- Chilean miners could be rescued by 'end of October' - Oct 02, 2010
- Rescued Chilean miners struggling to adjust to life above ground - Oct 24, 2010
- Trapped Chile miner writes poem on his experience - Sep 04, 2010
- Movie chronicling ordeal of 33 trapped Chilean miners in the making - Dec 06, 2010
- Pele sends autographed jersey to trapped Chile miners - Sep 19, 2010
- Trapped miner found alive after 17 days - May 19, 2012
- Drill mishap delays Chilean mine rescue - Sep 23, 2010
- Last trapped Chilean miner pulled out, rescue completed - Oct 14, 2010
- 33 trapped Chilean miners still alive after 17 days - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: doctors, dramatic rescue, family members, fiancee, guardian, inflatable doll, inflatable dolls, jonathan, jonathan franklin, medic, miners, miraculous survival, ordeal, pleasure, rescuers, santiago, smoke pot, washington post