Did a drugged chimp attack Charla Nash?November 19th, 2009 - 2:47 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Chicago, Nov 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There is mounting evidence that the 200-pound chimp that attacked the hapless Charla Nash in February this year was drugged. Live Science reported that the chimp was taking Xanax, which is an anti-anxiety medication used for humans-beings. When individuals are on Xanax, or it’s chemical name benzodiazepines, then they demonstrate increased aggression. This could be the reason behind the brutal 12 minute attack that left Charla Nash blind as well as the chimp mauled and ate Charla’s hands, nose, lips, eyelids, and broke bones in her face.
CBS News reported in May 2009 that “Police say toxicology tests showed Travis was drugged with Xanax…” No prescription for the medication was found, and Stamford police Captain Richard Conklin said that, “It looks like third-party Xanax, and certainly it’s questionable whether she should have administered it to her pet.”
This crucial discovery raises a lot of questions. As earlier this year the victims Charla Nash’s family had filed a $50 million lawsuit against the chimp’s owner Sandra Herold. However Sandra Herold’s attorney, Joseph Gerardi of Stamford, believes that his client and the chimp’s owner is not at all responsible for the attack. He said that Sandra Herold should not be held liable for the attack. “I believe it was a tragic accident,” he said.
But if the animal was drugged, then certainly somebody was administering the drug, so that person is certainly liable for the damage and the havoc created in Charla Nash’s life.
- Owner of the chimp that mauled Charla Nash - Sandra Herold dies - May 26, 2010
- Charla Nash chimp attack victim lawsuit - Nov 16, 2009
- Chimp attack victim Charla Nash is sad over Sandra Herold's death - May 27, 2010
- Chimp Attack Victim Sad Over Death of Friend (Chimp Owner) - May 27, 2010
- Chimp attack victim Charla Nash is Internet furor post Oprah show - Nov 18, 2009
- No charges planned against Sandra Herold in the chimp attack case - Dec 08, 2009
- Chimp Attack Victim Sad Over Friend's Death - May 27, 2010
- Chimp attack victim Charla Nash comes on Oprah show - Nov 13, 2009
- Chimp attack victim Charla Nash hopes for a face transplant - Nov 17, 2009
- Celeb Stamford chimp attacks women gets butchered, shot - Feb 17, 2009
- Woman Mauled By Chimpanzee Reveals Picture Of The Trauma - Nov 12, 2009
- Chimp Attack Victim Sad For Friend - May 27, 2010
- Chimp attack victim Charla Nash talks about her face transplant - Feb 29, 2012
- Woman in chimp attack reveals disfigured face on Oprah show - Nov 12, 2009
- Charla Nash's new face unveiled to the public - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: 50 million, aggression, anxiety medication, captain richard, cbs news, chimp, chimp attack, conklin, eyelids, havoc, herold, joseph gerardi, live science, medication, nash, police captain, sandra, toxicology tests, tragic accident, xanax