D.C. Mayor Fenty “deeply saddened” by shooting at Holocaust museumJune 11th, 2009 - 4:19 am ICT by admin
WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) – D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty says he is “deeply saddened” by the Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting on Wednesday afternoon. One security guard was killed while the gunman was left critically injured.
“Our hearts go out to the families affected by this tragedy,” Mayor Fenty said in a brief statement. “The men and women in uniform who put their lives on the line to ensure our safety are truly heroes, and I am deeply saddened that this senseless act of violence threatened the safety of our community,” he added.
The Metropolitan Police Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the U.S. Park Police are working together to investigate the shooting. The Mayor’s Office said it would provide more information during a press conference at 8 a.m. local time on Thursday.
- Obama denounces Sikh Gurudwara shooting - Aug 06, 2012
- Jerusalem Mayor Barkat "disheartened" by deadly shooting incident at Holocaust Museum - Jun 11, 2009
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum shooter charged with first degree murder - Jun 12, 2009
- Statement by President Obama on deadly D.C. train crash - Jun 23, 2009
- Several killed after subway trains collide in Washington D.C. - Jun 23, 2009
- PM expresses shock over US gurudwara killing - Aug 06, 2012
- US envoy offers condolences (Third Lead, correcting para four) - Aug 06, 2012
- Gunman opens fire at Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. - Jun 11, 2009
- Holocaust Memorial Museum to re-open on Thursday - Jun 11, 2009
- Batman movie premiere turns deadly in Denver, 12 dead (Fifth Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 20, 2012
- Israel condemns shooting at U.S. Holocaust Museum in D.C. - Jun 11, 2009
- Gurdwara shooting: US envoy offers condolences (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Gurdwara shooting: FBI hunts for motive (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Suspicious package, white powder found at Israeli Embassy in D.C. - Aug 05, 2010
- Adrian Fenty Beaten By Fellow Democrat Vincent C. Gray In The Race To Nomination For Mayor - Sep 15, 2010
Tags: act of violence, bno, fbi, federal bureau of investigation, gunman, holocaust, holocaust memorial, holocaust memorial museum, holocaust museum washington, investigation fbi, local time, mayor adrian fenty, mayor fenty, metropolitan police department, park police, s park, security guard, senseless act, wednesday afternoon, women in uniform