David Smith: 650 Pound Virgin Looses 410 Pounds Of WeightJuly 11th, 2009 - 6:50 pm ICT by GD
To all those people who are right now under the attack of obesity, this is truly an inspirational story. David Smith is a a 32 year old man but what has brought him into media attention is the remarkable weight loss that he has been able to do. In just 26 months David Smith has lost an incredible amount of more than 400 pounds. Earlier his weight was 650 pounds. What is significant is that he being able to check his weight without undergoing a gastric bypass surgery.
Smith, who feels great about his transformation says,” It’s like night and day. I’ve gone from being a laughing stock to having girls making googly eyes to me.” Getting a new appealing look altogether, David added, “instead of being a dud, I want to be a stud.”
Smith’s story began in 2003 when he decided to kill himself since he was friendless and a loner, being teased for his mammoth weight all the time. This made David never leave his house and in order to get relief of his pain, he started eating more. Then suddenly he decided to transform his life. Since David feared going for a weight loss through surgery, the only alternative left with David was to undergo the usual process of eating properly and exercising regularly. It was then that he decided to make a document of his journey of loosing weight. He contacted a local television station named KTVK that features a show that was hosted by Chris Powell, the fitness and nutritional guru who after some time called Smith to be featured in the show.
Smith’s aim was to destroy his fear of facing the public. Smith’s incredible journey will be telecasted on a show on TLC on Sunday.
- Britain's fattest man has weight reduction op in India - Nov 13, 2010
- Gadkari recovers after diabetes, weight loss surgery - Sep 15, 2011
- World's heaviest man became 'foodie' to heal broken heart - Jan 04, 2011
- World's heaviest man loses 127 kg following gastric bypass surgery - Jan 03, 2011
- World's heaviest man loses 20 kg following gastric bypass surgery - Jan 03, 2011
- Former world's fattest man to sue NHS for his weight gain - Jan 08, 2011
- Gastric bypass 'alters preference for sweet substances' - Nov 03, 2010
- Gastric bypass surgery lead to better long-term results - Feb 22, 2011
- Aretha Franklin laughs off gastric bypass rumours - Mar 13, 2011
- Healthy UK women demanding gastric bands to stay thin - Jan 18, 2011
- Dr Neelu Pal fired for warning teens of the complications of the gastric band surgery - Jul 27, 2010
- Study reveals that weight loss improves memory - Apr 15, 2011
- "Becoming Chaz" To Be Aired On Oprah Winfrey's Network - Jan 15, 2011
- Study reveals that weight loss surgery may reverse diabetes - Apr 29, 2011
- Bariatric surgery is better at controlling glucose levels than dieting - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: chris powell, david smith, dud, fear, gastric bypass surgery, googly eyes, guru, incredible journey, inspirational story, laughing stock, local television station, loner, media attention, obesity, old man, stud, tlc, transformation, virgin, weight loss