Crime Novelist: Jane Austen killed by arsenic poisoningNovember 15th, 2011 - 11:08 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hollywood, Nov 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A crime novelist has concluded that Jane Austen was killed with arsenic. It’s been almost two centuries since Austen died but the mystery surrounding her death has not gone away.
Addressing the subject of Austen’s death, Lindsay Ashford theorizes that based on the letters of the novelist, she might have been killed by arsenic poisoning. Lindsay points out that she did various researches into the last days of Austen and realized that the symptoms that she described in her letters were similar to those of a person who had consumed arsenic.
During an interview with the Guardian newspaper, Lindsay said that, “After all my research I think it’s highly likely she was given a medicine containing arsenic. When you look at her list of symptoms and compare them to the list of arsenic symptoms, there is an amazing correlation. I’m quite surprised no one has thought of it before, but I don’t think people realize quite how often arsenic was used as a medicine.”
Though the logic that Austen might have died from arsenic poisoning, some experts have ruled out foul play saying it was highly unlikely that Austen’s death was a murder. They theorize that the arsenic may have been contained in the medicine which was given by the doctor.
Austen died at the age of 41 years
- Jane Austen may have died from tuberculosis - Dec 01, 2009
- Jane Austen's writing style may not be original, says academic - Oct 23, 2010
- Jane Austen fans celebrating Colin Firth's triumph - Jan 30, 2011
- Fake Jane Austen's fight club trailer goes viral on the Internet - Jul 26, 2010
- US scientists say use of deep aquifers in irrigation could raise arsenic poisoning in S. Asia - May 28, 2010
- UK shop worker comes face to face with a venomous spider - Feb 23, 2012
- Medici family death case finally solved - Jul 15, 2010
- Monk jailed after medicinal liquor kills woman - Mar 09, 2012
- Kid survives on chocolate near dead mom - Apr 16, 2012
- Woman loses mother's ashes at Bingo hall - Dec 10, 2011
- Scientist Feels Simon Bolivar Died Of Arsenic Poisoning - May 05, 2010
- Arsenic could be a potential cancer treatment - Jul 13, 2010
- How arsenic exposure triggers tumour growth - Feb 24, 2010
- Jane Austen's mystery suitor who sparked rift with sister revealed in new book - May 26, 2009
- Hazel Cunningham caught cheating because of Facebook - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,