Costa Concordia Crew ‘Not Drilled in Evacuation Procedures’September 15th, 2012 - 1:19 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Sept 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The staff that was aboard the Concordia did not have all it takes to be able to conduct the emergency procedures that were to be put into action as a cruise ship was sinking. This is according to evidence that came from an anonymous source.
The staff of a number of countries joined forces so as to offer their assistance when this luxurious cruise came into a collision with shoal a distance from Giglio Island. This is as per a report that was given by some experts in maritime affairs. Despite the fact that the language that was used on this ship was Italian there was a person that answered to a radio call in English.
Unfortunately, it is not all the people who were in the cruise were able to understand the emergency instructions that were given in Italian this is as given by experts. A Bulgarian officer is said to have tried to understand the Italian language and this is as given by Babel at sea an Italian newspaper. The captain of the ship is also being faced the charges of leaving the ship when he saw that it was sinking as well as manslaughter.
- Five more bodies found on wrecked Italian ship - Jan 18, 2012
- Italian cruise ship captain detained - Jan 15, 2012
- Ship's sinking: Captain refused to coordinate evacuation (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Rescuers blast holes in Italian cruise liner - Jan 17, 2012
- Italian cruise ship may cause environmental disaster - Jan 19, 2012
- Italy's cruise ship captain 'was like a Ferrari driver' - Jan 18, 2012
- Captain blamed for Italy cruise ship accident - Jan 17, 2012
- Italy cruise ship survivors to get compensation - Jan 27, 2012
- Italy ends searching people in Concordia's submerged part - Feb 01, 2012
- 200 Indians passengers of capsized Italian liner returning - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,