Cost of items in ‘12 Days of Christmas’ shoots upNovember 28th, 2011 - 9:04 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The total cost of the items mentioned in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas” has inched up in price, a new survey has reported. According to the Christmas Price Index which was put together by the PNC Wealth Management, the total cost of the 364 items named in the song have gone up by 4.4 percent when it is compared with last year’s figure.
In monetary terms, it will take $101,119 to have all the items mentioned in the famous Christmas song. If a person decides to have just one verse of the items without the repetition, the person will have to come up with a total of $24,263, which is 3.5 percent above last year’s figure.
The managing executive of investment for PNC Wealth Management, Jim Dunigan, believes that the core increase is moderate when compared to the year before. He said that, “The story in general is wages are still a very sluggish part of this economy.”
This year’s pricing did not consider calling birds, ladies dancing, French hens, gold rings and lords-a-leaping.
All the items named in the song include 12 drummers drumming, 22 pipers piping, 30 lords-a-leaping, 36 ladies dancing, 40 maids-a-milking, 42 swans-a-swimming, 42 geese-a-laying, 40 gold rings, 36 calling birds, 30 French hens, 22 turtle doves, and 12 partridges in pear trees.
- Dalai Lama speaks out against caging egg-laying hens (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010
- Noel Gallagher to tie the knot with fiancee - Apr 05, 2011
- Starving hens to hasten molting is now an offence - Mar 11, 2011
- Chicken lays double-yolked eggs in China - Jun 19, 2011
- Pakistan-origin man smuggled birds to cheer him up - Dec 09, 2011
- Gaga to gift unreleased songs to fans - Dec 23, 2011
- Delhiites throng markets on Dhanteras - Nov 03, 2010
- CWG: Indian Boxer Paramjeet wins 36th Gold in Super Heavyweight category - Oct 13, 2010
- 'Britons have more faith in gold than savings' - Oct 19, 2011
- Six percent discount on gold coins on Akshaya Tritiya - Apr 23, 2012
- Rescued hens to feast at this Christmas Party! - Dec 13, 2010
- On World Sparrow Day, move to monitor common birds - Mar 19, 2012
- CWG: India bag two Gold medals in boxing; Suranjoy wins by walkover - Oct 13, 2010
- Ideas about item numbers have not changed: Aruna Irani - Aug 19, 2012
- Gold demand will continue for rest of 2010 - Aug 25, 2010
Tags: 12 days of christmas, calling birds, christmas price index, christmas song, days of christmas, drummers, dunigan, french hens, gold rings, monetary terms, new survey, partridges, pear trees, pipers piping, pnc, song the twelve days of christmas, swans a swimming, turtle doves, twelve days of christmas, wealth management