Cornelia Marie: Captain Phil Harris UndauntedJune 17th, 2009 - 11:22 pm ICT by GD
If you are trying to figure out who Cornelia Marie is then be informed that she is 128 feet long, 28 feet wide and can carry 28,500 US gallons of fuel and 3,000 US gallons of fresh water. She is none other than a commercial boat used for featuring in the series Deadliest Catch in Discovery Channel. She is of course named after her owner Cornelia Marie Devlin, built by Horton Boats, Inc.
You can spot her with her aquamarine color body and yellow banners bearing her name.
For the series Deadliest Catch the captains of the boats always are looking forward towards a new deadly crab catch and pictures taken from the show reveal that crew members would do anything to get hold of the crabs which are of course, at times as huge as 5-6 feet or even more. Well that sounds adventurous.
You will be amazed to know that Cornelia Marie can hold upto 312,000 pounds of crab. After Cornelia offloads the catch at the harbor, the crabs are transported to the processing plant where they are finally sentenced to death.
Since you now know about the boat, it is important that you are also acquainted with the captain of the ship, Phil Harris. With a heart of gold and like hard coconut shell this man is very dedicated to his job. You would find him using fowl language, smoking most often, wearing long hair and tattoos all over but he is a true gentleman when it comes to tough situations to be handled. In fact, all the captains of the show Deadliest Catch are gems but Phil Harris of Cornelia Marie holds a special place in every viewers heart. According to Phil Harris’s blog, despite of not doing well health-wise, he is determined enough to go for the next season of crab catching, but we can still wish all the best for his health.
- Deadliest Catch To Pay A Heartfelt Tribute To The Departed Captain Phil Harris - Jun 19, 2010
- Deadliest Catch To Pay Tribute to 'Captain Phil Harris' on TDC - Jun 17, 2010
- Phil Harris - captain of 'Cornelia Marie' featured on Deadliest Catch has died - Feb 11, 2010
- 'Deadliest Catch' Captain Phil Harris Passes Away - Feb 11, 2010
- "Deadliest Catch" All Set To Pay Tribute To Captain Phil Harris - Jun 19, 2010
- Phil Harris - captain of Deadliest Catch dies - Feb 11, 2010
- Return of the 'Deadliest Catch' trio is still uncertain - Oct 07, 2010
- "Deadliest Catch" Reveals The Mystery Of Jake Anderson's Father - Jun 23, 2010
- "Deadliest Catch" Captain Phil Harris Asked Producers To Continue Filming In Hospital - Feb 18, 2010
- Deadliest Catch captain - Phil Harris died - Feb 18, 2010
- "Deadliest Catch" Captain Phil Harris Remembered - Feb 21, 2010
- Jake Harris Charged With DUI - Feb 21, 2010
- Tribute To The Late 'Deadliest Catch' Captain - Feb 18, 2010
- Deadliest Catch to pay a tribute to Capt. Phil Harris - Jun 17, 2010
- Phil Harris, "Deadliest Catch" Guy Passed Away - Feb 10, 2010
Tags: aquamarine, boats, coconut shell, commercial boat, cornelia marie, crabs, crew members, deadliest catch, discovery channel, fowl language, fresh water, gems, heart of gold, job, long hair, phil harris, true gentleman, yellow banners