Comic-Con 2009: A “Comic” ConventionJuly 22nd, 2009 - 8:31 pm ICT by GD
Comic-Con is back with a bang in its 40th year at the San Diego Convention Center. The convention which started with the comic books in mind has grown to be an event where various elements of entertainment namely, comics, games, video games, web-comics are showcased. In 1970 the first gathering saw only 300 visitors while in 2007 the figure went up to a staggering 125,000 visitors.
Various entities use this event to bring forth their latest creation and this is being followed by some of the biggest television networks in America as they bring in their shows here. To celebrate the 40th anniversary of this event the organizers have brought in a number of special guests this year. From authors to comic book writers and cartoonists, the list consists of various famous names. Renowned author Ray Bradbury would be present who has more than 600 short stories published under his name. Gene Colan the famous creator of cult comics like Iron man, Daredevil and captain America; Ramon Fradon, who is in the prestigious Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards Hall of fame are all going to be present.
Attendees are looking forward to Hunter Freberg, famous TV personality and humorist’s presence at Comic-Con 2009.
For the fans it would be a fun filled four days form the 23rd to the 26th with the four hour preview on the 22nd. With some Hollywood actors and directors also chipping in the convention, this year holds much promise. James Cameron, Robert Downey Jr, the beautiful and talented Scarlett Johansson, Robert Pattinson would be sure shot hits with the attendees.
- Steven Spielberg to debut in Comic-Con event - Jul 15, 2011
- Comics promotion event begins in Mumbai - Oct 22, 2011
- Comic con's schedule for 2011 announced - Jul 08, 2011
- Mark Ruffalo is the new 'Incredible Hulk' - Jul 27, 2010
- Jennifer Lawrence terrified of crazy fans - Mar 16, 2012
- Arnold missed action during political stint - Jul 15, 2012
- Dragon*Con 2010 sets world record for biggest gathering of people in Star Trek costumes - Sep 13, 2010
- Olivia Wilde graces the premiere of 'Cowboys & Aliens' - Jul 26, 2011
- Read, sketch, buy, sell at India's first Comic Con - Jan 13, 2011
- Mark Ruffalo Playing Hulk In 'The Avengers', Confirmed - Jul 25, 2010
- Comic book business gets serious in India (Feature) - Jul 12, 2011
- Comic Con 2012: children, comics drifting apart - Feb 18, 2012
- Daniel Radcliffe apologizes to disappointed Comic-Con Harry Potter fans - Jul 28, 2010
- Is Christopher Meloni thinking about a reunion with Law & Order SVU? - Jul 16, 2012
- Mizzou Student Center Opens Amidst Much Fanfare - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: 40th anniversary, author ray bradbury, comic book writers, comic convention, comic industry, comics games, famous names, gene colan, hollywood actors, hunter freberg, james cameron, ray bradbury, renowned author, robert downey, robert downey jr, robert pattinson, san diego convention center, scarlett johansson, tv personality, web comics