Colorado mom accused of killing her two children formally chargedMay 28th, 2011 - 5:23 am ICT by BNO News
CASTLE ROCK, COLORADO (BNO NEWS) — A Colorado woman accused of killing her two young children was charged on Friday with four counts of first-degree murder, the Denver Post reported.
According to state court records, Kelli Lynn Murphy faces two charges of first-degree murder after deliberation, two charges of first-degree murder of a victim under 12 years of age by a person in a position of trust and two charges of child abuse resulting in death.
The judge also issued a no-contact order between Murphy and her husband, Robert Eric Murphy. They were in the process of a divorce and had recently filed for bankruptcy.
On Monday, Murphy, 41, called police claiming she was going to kill herself. When the dispatcher asked if there were any children in the house she said “They are in heaven.” Police found her 9-year-old son, Liam, and 6-year-old daughter, Madigan in their bedrooms, but the cause of the children’s deaths is still unknown.
Murphy is due back in court on July 1.
- US porn star, lover beat tattoo shop owner to death - May 22, 2012
- Colorado shooting suspect makes first court appearance - Jul 24, 2012
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Shawntina Burston pleads not guilty to murdering her husband - Feb 01, 2011
- Slain Indian-origin woman's husband, two others charged with first-degree murder in Canada - Jan 25, 2011
- Defense now alleges that Caylee Anthony drowned in pool - May 25, 2011
- 50-Year-Old Mom Julie Powers Schenecker Charged Of Murdering Her Own Children - Jan 29, 2011
- US cinema shooting suspect mentally ill, say attorneys - Aug 10, 2012
- Carmen Tisch arrested for vandalizing painting - Jan 05, 2012
- 29-year-old man arrested over York University student webcam death - Apr 21, 2011
- Wake County, NC woman arrested after police find missing boyfriend in their freezer - Oct 09, 2010
- Two Colorado men take out dead friend's body out for drinks - Sep 17, 2011
- Man jailed for killing mother for concert tickets - Jan 24, 2012
- New Orleans' Halloween turns bloody - Nov 01, 2011
- Amanda Logue & Jason Andrews indicted on murder charges - Jul 18, 2010
Tags: bankruptcy, bedrooms, bno, castle rock colorado, child abuse, colorado woman, deaths, deliberation, denver post, dispatcher, divorce, eric murphy, first degree murder, heaven, july 1, kelli, madigan, mom, son liam, state court records