‘College Hunks Hauling Junk’ Brings College Boys To Get Rid Off Your JunkJanuary 20th, 2010 - 8:47 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Jan 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The newest thing to hit Americans is a service which allows you to get rid of all that junk you have stashed in your garage/basement and get an eyeful of some very good-looking men. College Hunks Hauling Junk, is a service that was started way back in 2008 but today has around 12 locations and 21 franchises. So how does it actually work? Let us tell you.
It all began as Nick Friedman and Omar Soliman’s summer project in the year 2002 when they started to collect or rather haul the trash from their neighbors and other people in Omar Soliman’s cargo van. Two years later, they submitted a business plan which saw them winning Leigh Rothschild Entrepreneurship Competition along with $10,000. Little did they know that in the future they were to start this business and turn it into a project involving millions of dollars. The two men who stated this business first named their company :College Foxes hauling Boxes” which was soon turned into the name we know today. The two promoters sure had a knack for cheeky names as well as some business management.
Very soon, the company went on to win awards like the ‘Corporate Identity’, ‘Marketing Website’, ‘Marketing Campaign on a shoestring Budget’, and ‘Best Marketing Web Site’ at the American Marketing Association Annual Awards. The different location where you could find them are Tampa, Orlando, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Richmond, Raleigh-Durham, Columbus, Baltimore, Dallas and Indianapolis. If you scrounge the Internet you would find some very good references for the company and some very weird ones too. Their customers claim that the college boys that did come were ’super nice’, however, the customer may have meant they looked ’super-nice’. Get your junk hauled and decide for yourself.
- Hudgens gets hair extensions - Sep 12, 2011
- My book on aunt who loved Thelonius Monk: Hannah Rothschild (Interview) - Nov 18, 2010
- Shoeshine man adds lustre to image of Kashmiris - Jan 08, 2011
- Airbus says China poised to become large aircraft market - Jul 16, 2012
- Morning mood of employees affects how they feel the rest of the day - Apr 05, 2011
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Trying to build beauty brand? Find a USP - Feb 08, 2012
- Omar Suleiman Israel's favourite to replace Mubarak: WikiLeaks - Feb 08, 2011
- Oz companies buying misspelt internet addresses to stop others from using their brands - Feb 06, 2011
- French wine maker wins court cases - Mar 16, 2012
- 'Junk food firm, slimming group' tie-ups 'cashing in on obesity epidemic' - Jan 16, 2011
- Chinese women entrepreneurs find India attractive - Jun 24, 2012
- Brand hungry? Beware of counterfeits (Feature) - May 04, 2012
- Time Warner apologises for Playboy blooper on children's channel - Mar 17, 2010
- How Flipkart broke India's online shopping inertia - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: american marketing association, best marketing, cargo van, college boys, college hunks, corporate identity marketing, eyeful, foxes, good looking men, knack, leigh rothschild, marketing campaign, marketing web, omar soliman, promoters, raleigh durham, ranjan, shoestring budget, tampa orlando, year 2002