Clinton says resolution condemning Israeli settlement will not bring peaceJanuary 21st, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by BNO News
WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) — The only way that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will be resolved is through a negotiated settlement, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday.
Clinton told reporters that bringing resolutions to the UN Security Council condemning Israeli settlements will not bring the desired results.
“Ultimately, the Palestinian and Israeli people have to make a decision about whether they can engage in negotiations that will result in compromise on both sides to obtain… a much better future for the children of both Israelis and Palestinians,” she added.
The United States has not confirmed if Washington will veto the Palestinian resolution against Israel’s building in the occupied territories.
“Our position on settlements remains as it has been. I clearly spoke out on that on many occasions and will continue to do so,” Clinton said.
- US concerned over Israeli housing construction in West Bank - Aug 10, 2011
- More Israelis, Palestinians willing to compromise: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Israel to demolish all illegal West Bank outposts by end of year - Mar 08, 2011
- UN envoy slams Israel's plan for new housing in East Jerusalem - Aug 12, 2011
- Israel-Palestine talks to resume, say Clinton, EU (Lead) - Aug 20, 2010
- Clinton rebukes Netanyahu over housing unit plans - Mar 13, 2010
- Israel trying to thwart UN fact-finding mission on settlements - Mar 19, 2012
- Russia to give $2 mn for Palestinian refugees - Aug 03, 2012
- Russia urges Israel to stop settlement expansion - Jun 09, 2012
- Gaza violence overshadows Mideast peace talks - Sep 16, 2010
- No alternative to peace talks: Abbas (Lead, Changing dateline) - Sep 16, 2010
- US was insulted by Israel's housing plans: Clinton (Lead) - Mar 13, 2010
- European And American Bureaucrats Privately Claim That Israel And The Palestinians Are Expected To Resume Peace Talks In The Near Future - Aug 20, 2010
- UNESCO grants full membership to Palestine - Oct 31, 2011
- Israel-Palestine direct talks end in Egypt - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: better future, bno, compromise, desired results, hillary rodham clinton, israel, israeli palestinian conflict, israeli settlement, israeli settlements, israelis and palestinians, negotiations, occasions, occupied territories, peace, resolutions, secretary of state, un security council, washington d c