Clarence Dupnik Suspects Arizona Shooter Had An AccompliceJanuary 9th, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Tucson, Jan 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Clarence Dupnik, the County Sheriff of Pima has brought forward the names of people who were killed in the mass shooting that took place in a grocery store, in Tuscon on Saturday morning. He said that Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head and she has been admitted to University Medical Center. Her condition was critical. However, on Saturday, at a news conference, the investigators told the media that they were on the lookout for another suspect, who was the accomplice of the 22-year old. Six victims lost their lives in the mass shooting. Among them were a 9-year-old child and John M. Roll, the chief judge for the US District Court, in Arizona.
Clarence Dupnik identified the dead to be, Dorwin Stoddard (76), Gabriel Zimmerman (30), Christina Greene (9), John Roll (63), Phyllis Scheck (79) and Dorthy Murray (76). The 9-year-old who was shot at the scene was declared dead in the hospital. Clarence Dupnik said that he is very sure that the person who opened fire on Saturday, in Tuscon was not alone. He must have had an accomplice who coordinated with him. He said that it was around 10 in the morning when a male gunman all of a sudden open fired on people who had gathered for U.S. representative Gabrielle Gifford’s first New Year event in the town hall. Gabrielle Gifford was the first one to be shot. The surgeon who operated on her at the University Medical Center, said that the bullet went right through her head. Gabrielle Giffords is in critical condition in the hospital but there are chances that she might survive, as reported by the neurosurgeon, who is attending her.
According to the County Sheriff of Pima, a semi-automatic pistol had been used in the incident. 18 people were killed in the mass shooting, including one child. The Sheriff said that one out of the two individuals who were at the scene has been taken into police custody. The suspect has been identified as Jared Loughner.
- Gabrielle Giffords in Good Condition Transfers to Rehab Center - Jan 27, 2011
- Arizona Shooter Jared Lee Loughner Mentally Unstable? - Jan 09, 2011
- Former US Congresswoman's shooter pleads guilty - Aug 08, 2012
- Gabrielle Giffords' Aide Gabe Zimmerman Killed In Arizona Shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- U.S. Government Files Charges Against Jared Lee Loughner - Jan 10, 2011
- US Police looking for second Arizona shooting suspect - Jan 09, 2011
- Handwritten note reveals plan to kill US congresswoman - Jan 10, 2011
- Six dead, U.S. Congresswoman Giffords among at least 12 injured in Az. shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- Tucson shooting suspect charged with murders of judge, congressional aide - Mar 05, 2011
- Detained Arizona shooting suspect "planned to assassinate Giffords" - Jan 10, 2011
- U.S. Congresswoman Giffords, six others, dead in Arizona mass shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- Loughner indicted in Arizona shooting of US congresswoman Giffords - Jan 20, 2011
- Shot Congresswoman Giffords' condition upgraded from 'critical to serious', says husband - Jan 17, 2011
- U. S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Expected To Be Released On Friday - Jan 20, 2011
- Arizona shooting suspect pleads 'not guilty' to three attempted murder charges - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: accomplice, chief judge, clarence dupnik, congresswoman gabrielle giffords, county sheriff, critical condition, dorthy, gabrielle giffords, grocery store, meena, neurosurgeon, news conference, pima, police custody, semi automatic pistol, stoddard, tuscon, university medical center, us district court, zimmerman