Chinese tightrope walker survives high wire fallJuly 9th, 2012 - 9:14 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hunan, July 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Chinese stuntman Aisikaier Wubulikasimu ought to thank his lucky stars that he survived after a high wire fall, above a gorge.
Aisikaier Wubulikasimu was walking 650 feet above a gorge and he was at the fag end of a 2,300 foot walk when disaster happened. He was walking backwards and he was also walking blindfolded without adequate security measures when he slipped into the gorge.
Aisikaier Wubulikasimu just had 131 feet more to cover and if he had walked securely then he would have had managed a new record and he would have had become the very first person in the world to walk blindfolded over a gorge without safety measures. However he wasn’t that lucky and with just an hour of more walking to cover, he started feeling dizzy and he slipped. Later there were also reports that the wind was also partly responsible for throwing him off-balance.
The audience who were watching his amazing feat felt their heart dropping when he fell, but he was lucky. He fell into a non-steep end of the gorge and sustained only minor injuries.
Aisikaier Wubulikasimu is already a Guinness World Record for the fastest tightrope walk.
- Swiss circus tightrope walker creates world record for highest cable walk - Jan 31, 2011
- Adili Wuxor sets new tightrope-walking record - Jul 02, 2010
- China diverts river water to ease drought - May 19, 2011
- Niagara Falls Tightrope Walk To Cost Over $1 million - Jun 15, 2012
- Man crosses 6,000 ft high canyon without safety net - Apr 23, 2012
- Stuntman killed, actress injured in Greater Noida mall (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- 'SpiderMan' stuntman 'fortunate to be alive' - Dec 28, 2010
- Mountaineer dies after fall from West Bengal hill - Feb 02, 2010
- 16 Amarnath devotees killed as truck falls into gorge (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Man dies after falling off the cliff on honeymoon - Jul 15, 2012
- Stuntman's death: Police case registered, no arrest - Apr 08, 2012
- China bridge becomes world's highest and longest - Apr 04, 2012
- Austrian plans to jump from stratosphere - Feb 13, 2012
- Tendulkar misses landmark century, India 376/6 at lunch - Nov 25, 2011
- We should respect stuntmen for what they do: Akshay Kumar - Jun 03, 2011