China sends patrol ships to islands held by JapanSeptember 12th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Tokyo, Sept 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The US had hinted a warning to china and Japan to end a conflict that they had cropped up over the issue of a chain of islands that each country claims to be on their waters.
The reason for the warning is because; these two economies should be aware that the consequences of such a conflict could be severe. Japan said that it had gotten the ownership of the islands after it had bought then from a businessman. China on the other hand sent a message that it had sent its patrol over the islands to back down the utterances by Japan.
Kurt Campbell who is the secretary of state for the US asserted that, the stakes could not be higher as a result of the confrontations by these two nations. He also added that the authorities in the two nations had to keep this in mind. He also added that the current situation required that the heads of these countries should do all that is within their powers to see to it that the disagreement ends.
This was while he was responding to a question in a debate that was hosted by the centre for strategy and international business.
- Chinese daily warns of China, Japan `full confrontation' - Sep 13, 2012
- Japan to buy disputed islands - Sep 05, 2012
- China must teach Japan a lesson, says Chinese daily - Sep 12, 2012
- Japan releases Chinese activists as territorial row simmers - Aug 17, 2012
- Chinese ships patrol disputed islands - Sep 14, 2012
- China rejects US' offer to host trilateral talks with Japan over Diaoyu Islands - Nov 03, 2010
- China accuses Japan of escalating island dispute - Sep 21, 2010
- Russian warplanes interrupt US-Japan drill - Dec 09, 2010
- US hails India's growing role in Asia (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- US for resolving South China Sea row through dialogue - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,