Chilean miners contemplated cannibalismFebruary 11th, 2011 - 7:33 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Santiago, Feb 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Since their dramatic rescue about four months ago, the 33 Chilean miners have become instant celebrities.
Their stories have been sought all over the world and several entertainment and television outlets have scrambled to tell their stories to the world.
CBS seem to have been able to clear that hurdle because the network managed to get several of the rescued miners for an interview on its hit show “60 Minutes”. The episode will be aired on Sunday.
During the interview, the miners talked about how they contemplated so many things when they realized that there was no way they were going to get out alive. It was not until 17 days after being trapped in the mine that they were found.
The miners say they considered cannibalism and suicide during their wait to be rescued.
They also spoke about their lives after the rescue. All the rescued miners are psychologically sound with the exception of one who was severely affected by the experience. They revealed that they mostly have several medications to take every day and their relationship with their friends and relatives have changed since they came out.
- Trapped Chilean miners discussed cannibalism - Oct 11, 2011
- The first three Chilean miners have been released from the hospital - Oct 15, 2010
- Chilean miners thought of cannibalism, suicide - Feb 13, 2011
- Drilling of rescue shaft for Chilean miners delayed - Aug 29, 2010
- Chilean Miners Are Expected To Be Rescued This Weekend - Oct 07, 2010
- 14 miners who survived Chile's 2010 accident seek retirement - Jul 04, 2011
- Chile 'Miracle 33' miners to start souvenir brand - Jul 30, 2012
- Did Chilean miners smoke pot underground? - Feb 15, 2011
- Wedding bells in the pipeline for five of the rescued Chilean miners - Oct 21, 2010
- Trapped miners get dirty jokes to lift their spirit! - Sep 04, 2010
- Rescue of trapped Chilean miners to begin on Tuesday evening - Oct 12, 2010
- Last trapped Chilean miner pulled out, rescue completed - Oct 14, 2010
- Trapped Chilean miners talked of cannibalism, suicide - Feb 12, 2011
- NASA experts arrive in Chile to help in miners' rescue - Sep 01, 2010
- Chilean President Sebastian Pinera says that 33 miners are still alive in the shelter - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,