Chile ‘Miracle 33′ miners to start souvenir brandJuly 30th, 2012 - 9:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Santiago, July 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The `miracle 33` is the way that the 33chilean miners have chosen to remember their unlucky fate after they got stuck while mining in San Jose in the Atacama desert about two years ago.
The 33 found their way into the international news after word got round that they had were stuck 2300 feet below the ground lasting for a period of 69 days. Jose Ojeda one of the trapped miners who wrote the first message to confirm that his team was alive told the Chilean newspaper El Mercurio that the `miracle 33` is a whole set of products ranging from medals, mugs, sweat shirts, t-shirts and mugs will be sold in an attempt to ensure that the tourists remember them.
The miners have also registered their trademark to prevent a similar event where their catchphrases were taken-over other parties as their own. Pablo Rojas who is one of the miners said that they had to get back to their daily lives after the August 5th event which will mark the second anniversary this year after the event took place. Some of the miners have resumed their job as miners while others have moved on to other businesses.
- Chilean President Sebastian Pinera says that 33 miners are still alive in the shelter - Aug 23, 2010
- NASA turns down Chilean miners request for alcohol, cigarettes - Sep 02, 2010
- Trapped Chilean miners discussed cannibalism - Oct 11, 2011
- 14 miners who survived Chile's 2010 accident seek retirement - Jul 04, 2011
- Chilean miners' rescue shaft hits problem - Sep 02, 2010
- Trapped Chile miners given footie treat - Sep 09, 2010
- Chilean president chats with trapped miners - Sep 21, 2010
- Drilling of rescue shaft for Chilean miners delayed - Aug 29, 2010
- Trapped Chilean miners denied blow-up sex dolls in case of jealousy - Feb 14, 2011
- Chile's Atacama desert to be simulator for Mars mission - Dec 27, 2010
- Wedding bells in the pipeline for five of the rescued Chilean miners - Oct 21, 2010
- Wages uncertain for Chile's trapped miners - Sep 16, 2010
- Did Chilean miners smoke pot underground? - Feb 15, 2011
- Trapped Chilean miners could be freed by November - Sep 17, 2010
- Chile builds 'cells' to help trapped 33 miners cope - Oct 04, 2010