Chicago power outage affects 600,000 peopleJuly 12th, 2011 - 9:46 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Chicago, July 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Part of Chicago had been thrown into darkness after a severe thunderstorm destroyed several power lines. It is estimated that 600,000 people have been left without power. ComEd, the local company responsible for the distribution of power in Chicago, have acknowledged the problem and indicated that they are working to resolve the problem.
Severe heat wave is currently being experienced in Chicago this summer. The temperature is currently 80 degrees F and concerns are being raised about the care for the elderly. In trying to assure the affected residents, ComEd has been receiving complaints from their customers on their official Twitter account. The company has failed to tell the troubled residents when power will be restored to them.
Several complaints were sent to the Twitter account of ComEd. One such tweet from a user called rusty32 said that, “@ComEd Wood Street in the West Beverly area has no power,please restore asap my grandmother lives there alone with her dog.”
It is feared that power might take time to reach everyone. Several homes have been affected by the incident and the company encourages all those affected to also get through to them on 1800-Edison1.
This is not the first time that ComEd has apologized for power failure in Chicago.
- ComED Customers Suffer Power Outage For Hours After Severe Storm Lashes Chicago - Jun 19, 2010
- Google's email service faces glitch - Feb 28, 2011
- Houston's fellow hotel guests demand refund - Feb 21, 2012
- 'Deer with wings' disrupts power in Montana - Jun 20, 2011
- This green cover is upsetting residents! (Letter from Punjab) - Jul 03, 2012
- Netflix outage frustrates subscribers - Jun 21, 2011
- Pepco Power Outage Leaves 280,000 Without Power - Jul 27, 2010
- Oregon Tornado Leaves A Trail Of Massive Destruction - Dec 15, 2010
- Thunderstorms impact 275,000 in Chinese city - Jul 26, 2011
- Agra residents protest erratic power supply - Jan 09, 2011
- Google accidentally wipes accounts of 150,000 Gmail users - Mar 01, 2011
- VVIP areas blacked out for over two hours - Jul 30, 2012
- 80 percent power restored in Delhi - Jul 30, 2012
- Salt Lake City Hit By Storm And Subsequent Power Outage - Aug 25, 2010
- Hackers post false updates about Syria on Reuters Twitter account - Aug 06, 2012