Chicago man held on terror chargesAugust 5th, 2010 - 9:32 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Chicago, Aug 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An American citizen has been charged by federal agents for aiding and abetting Al Qaeda and a second terror group al Shabaab.
He was alleged to have supplied important materials to these groups. He is also charged with dealing in weapons of mass destruction according to the complaints against them.
Twenty-six year old Shaker Masri was apprehended on Tuesday for the usage of mass destruction-related weapons, which is against the laws of the US even if committed in an overseas country. He was charged with the crimes on Wednesday.
Masri is an US national from Chicago and been working in an NGO that promoted the use of the Quran by translating it into English. He is an extremist Muslim and believes in violence and terrorism. He has stated in the past that he was willing to participate in the terror acts in Afghanistan or Somalia through “Holy War”.
He has been busy working on a trip to Somalia to join forces with Al Qaeda or Al Shabbab to undertake suicide bombings against people who had committed adultery. He was officially charged in a Chicago court and is currently under detention.
- Shaker Masri: Chicago Man Linked to Al Qaeda Terror Plot - Aug 05, 2010
- Chicago Man Charged With Plotting To Aid Terrorist Group Al-Qaida - Aug 05, 2010
- Chicago Man Charged Of Terror Links With Al Qaida - Aug 05, 2010
- Uganda issues terror alert on Al Qaeda-linked group - Aug 04, 2011
- Obama bans Somalia charcoal import - Jul 21, 2012
- British Muslims on jehad trip to Somalia: WikiLeaks - Feb 04, 2011
- US says backing Kenya's military operation in Somalia - Oct 28, 2011
- US worried about Americans helping foreign terrorists - Aug 06, 2010
- European security experts fear al-Qaeda wings expanded to Uganda - Sep 21, 2010
- New York terror suspect pleads guilty for plotting subway attack - Feb 23, 2010
- Ilyas Kashmiri targeted Lockheed CEO: Headley - Jun 01, 2011
- Former US soldier held for trying to join terror outfit - Jan 11, 2012
- US woman charged with aiding Somalia-based militia with Al-Qaeda links - Nov 16, 2010
- Somalian Al-Qaeda aligned terror outfit looking to recruit American citizens - Jun 07, 2010
- Al Qaeda suspect breaches Olympic area ban five times - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: acts, adultery, afghanistan, al qaeda, american citizen, chicago man, crimes, extremist, federal agents, holy war, masri, muslim, ngo, quran, somalia, suicide bombings, terror charges, terror group, violence, weapons of mass destruction