Chef dies of a bet, eating super hot chilliSeptember 30th, 2008 - 4:57 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
Andrew Lee, an amateur chef died in his sleep after eating a red hot chilli sauce for a bet with friend.
Andrew Lee, 33, of Great Britain, challenged his girlfriend’s brother in a contest who could make and eat spiciest chilli sauce.
After partaking in a spicy sauce-eating competition Lee suffered an intense bout of itchiness passed away in his sleep that night. Doctor assumed Lee died of heat attack.
However, toxicology tests will be carried out to see if he suffered a reaction to the food or anything else contributed to his death..
This is the first known case where voluntarily consuming spicy chilli may have caused a fatality. Lee was reportedly in excellent health, having recently passed a medical examination.
Tags: amateur chef, andrew lee, bet, brother, eating competition, fatality, friend andrew, girlfriend, great britain, Health Science, heat attack, hot chilli sauce, medical examination, night doctor, sleep, spicy chilli, spicy sauce, toxicology tests